TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been scouring the east coast trying to find the right truck and come to realize that there are plenty of TRD sports which is basically a sticker, and a fake hood scoop, but finding a TRD Off Road is nearly impossible. I should just buy a dodge and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
It took my Dealer about 3 weeks to locate a 6 Speed Off Road that they could get me, thankfully they gave me a loaner vehicle for that time or I probably would have bought something else.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just had them check the southeast region which is fl, ga, al, sc, and nc. Some pretty redneck heavy territory and found exactly zero 4x4 off road double cabs w/nav. There are two scheduled to come into the region and one was a special order (no carpet??) and the other the dealer already has a deposit. I wonder why they are so stingy on the off road package?

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
I just had them check the southeast region which is fl, ga, al, sc, and nc. Some pretty redneck heavy territory and found exactly zero 4x4 off road double cabs w/nav. There are two scheduled to come into the region and one was a special order (no carpet??) and the other the dealer already has a deposit. I wonder why they are so stingy on the off road package?
We can't get a double cab trd off road here only an extended cab trd off road (I had one). I was recently hanging with an Australian bloke and instead of calling male whiners "little girly men" he calls them Nancy boys. So quit your whining Nancy boy, they don't even exist in the great white north.;):cool::)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Same reason prerunners are more popular than 4x4 models. It's what people want now, not the minority like most people on here. Should have had them check in TN, I remember seeing some at dealerships here while driving around. Not sure if it have NAV or not, but really who needs that if you have a smart phone?

·
2,251 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Double Cab TRD Off-Road Last night.. of course I am on other side of the country from where you are looking. If you are looking for an access cab one, good luck they are very few and far between from what my buddy who works at one of dealers here says.

My Tacoma

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just bought a 2014 Double Cab TRD Off-Road Last night.. of course I am on other side of the country from where you are looking. If you are looking for an access cab one, good luck they are very few and far between from what my buddy who works at one of dealers here says.

My Tacoma
I would almost be mad, but it is white. Congrats on your new purchase. Do you mind sharing what you paid? I have a local dealer that has agreed to invoice price plus their $649 dealer processing fee (scam).

·
2,251 Posts
I would almost be mad, but it is white. Congrats on your new purchase. Do you mind sharing what you paid? I have a local dealer that has agreed to invoice price plus their $649 dealer processing fee (scam).
I dig the white.. my choices this weekend where Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic Or Super White in the TRD Off-Road Package.. It was 34k and some change.. Which is about the going rate in Las Vegas, NV..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Stop Whining! (Arnold Schwarzenegger voice)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I was snooping around at a Toyota dealer yesterday.

There were a couple TRD offroad double cabs there.

None had the nav stereo.

The way I read the brochure, it looks like the nav stereo is the "Top Of The Line" unit, and is only found in the Limited.

Apparently, the regional distributors (In our case Gulf States Toyota) decide how the trucks will be fitted out, according to what they think will sell.

All the TRD trucks I saw had a silly step thing bolted to the sides. It looks sort of like a slider, but it attaches to the bottom of the cab with flimsy brackets. There are steps sticking down in the "Rip Me Off Now" position, and it looks like an open invitation to dent up the bottom of the cab the very first time the truck leaves the pavement.

Silly add ons aside, I found a truck that looked pretty doable. The standard stereo sounded pretty OK blue toothed to my phone, and I don't want nav in my dash anyway.

The sticker was 35.9K...

They did have a double cab long bed (Not TRD), but it won't fit in my garage.:mad:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn, it sounds like they are going out of their way NOT to sell you a Truck.
Tell me about it. I can't figure out who the idiots are when it comes to inventory. I have talked to several dealers who all say that they can't keep the trucks with the off road package in stock, but yet they have a lot full of sports. The dealers request the vehicles they get so I don't know why they are not asking for more off roads and fewer sports. The off roads are about $500 more so you would think they would go with the higher priced trucks. I am about to give up.

I thought maybe I would check out the wrangler unlimited. That was a reality check. You are not driving away with one of those for $36-38k, and there is no way in hell I am paying that kind of cash for a Chrysler.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dig the white.. my choices this weekend where Silver Sky Metallic, Magnetic Gray Metallic Or Super White in the TRD Off-Road Package.. It was 34k and some change.. Which is about the going rate in Las Vegas, NV..
That is about what I have been looking at. Invoice seems to be about as low as they will go.

I was snooping around at a Toyota dealer yesterday.

There were a couple TRD offroad double cabs there.

None had the nav stereo.

The way I read the brochure, it looks like the nav stereo is the "Top Of The Line" unit, and is only found in the Limited.

Apparently, the regional distributors (In our case Gulf States Toyota) decide how the trucks will be fitted out, according to what they think will sell.

All the TRD trucks I saw had a silly step thing bolted to the sides. It looks sort of like a slider, but it attaches to the bottom of the cab with flimsy brackets. There are steps sticking down in the "Rip Me Off Now" position, and it looks like an open invitation to dent up the bottom of the cab the very first time the truck leaves the pavement.

Silly add ons aside, I found a truck that looked pretty doable. The standard stereo sounded pretty OK blue toothed to my phone, and I don't want nav in my dash anyway.

The sticker was 35.9K...

They did have a double cab long bed (Not TRD), but it won't fit in my garage.:mad:
The long bed double cab is freaking LooooooooooNG. I could only imagine what it must be like to try to turn that around.

I really don't want nav, but the nav package adds a more robust app package and better integration with Pandora than the standard entune stereo. Stupid me is willing to pay an extra $800 for it. What I won't buy is the JBL nav. From what I have found it is just the crappy amp and sub woofer that you are paying an extra $1000 for.

I would probably consider an off road with entune and then swap it out for something aftermarket, but that is hassle I really don't want right now.

·
2,251 Posts
That is about what I have been looking at. Invoice seems to be about as low as they will go.

The long bed double cab is freaking LooooooooooNG. I could only imagine what it must be like to try to turn that around.

I really don't want nav, but the nav package adds a more robust app package and better integration with Pandora than the standard entune stereo. Stupid me is willing to pay an extra $800 for it. What I won't buy is the JBL nav. From what I have found it is just the crappy amp and sub woofer that you are paying an extra $1000 for.

I would probably consider an off road with entune and then swap it out for something aftermarket, but that is hassle I really don't want right now.
Mine has the NAV package (NOT JBL) and I really dig it. It was one of the options that was my must have list.. Not a real big Pandora user, but it does work nicely..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts