TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the house with a friend shooting rabbits and I triped with my pellet gun and the pellet is lodged in my tow and I am waiting on surgery to get it removed and the worst part is I am stick at he VA

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
man it just never ends that sucks. those things do have a safety you know.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The safety wa on but when I tripped my finger realeased the safety and fired the gun.

If it wan't for bad/dumb luck, then I wouldn't have any luck at all

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come on everyone (Erik), I want to hear the comments otherwise I would've never posted this up.

Besides I need a little chering up rugt now cause I was depressed before this and nor I list feel like an idiot cause i've been shootin for like 14 or so years and not once have I had an accidental discharge, and the time I do I shoot myself.

The pellet gun used is awesome though. The pellet hit me at 850 fps, it went through the bone enough to poke out the back side, and the pellet didn't even start to mushroom, it's still able to be fired again.

And yes I do think that this is hilarious, my guests even got kicked out of the ER at one point cause we were all laughing so hard

·
7,735 Posts
I have no room to give you any shit for it. I shot my finger with a CO2 bb gun when I was younger. The pressure was down and the bb's were barely rolling out of the barrel. I waited a few minutes, then pointed it directly at my finger to show a friend that it was toast, and what do you know, it built up some pressure and left a HUGE welt when I pulled the trigger.

Granted it wasn't shooting myself in the foot with a pellet gun as an adult, but still.. dumb thing to do.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no room to give you any shit for it. I shot my finger with a CO2 bb gun when I was younger. The pressure was down and the bb's were barely rolling out of the barrel. I waited a few minutes, then pointed it directly at my finger to show a friend that it was toast, and what do you know, it built up some pressure and left a HUGE welt when I pulled the trigger.

Granted it wasn't shooting myself in the foot with a pellet gun as an adult, but still.. dumb thing to do.
See, I didn't intentionally shoot myself but I still think it's hilarious

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
And yes I do think that this is hilarious, my guests even got kicked out of the ER at one point cause we were all laughing so hard
At least twice :xpimp: :rofl:.

I brought my data cable...still want me to post the pics? :lmao:

When they gonna dig it out? It better be soon!

See you Saturday :xsmokin1:.

I'm still amazed that your folks were so cool about Scoup trying to raid their fridge! :eek: I have no idea how to train that out of a dog...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I'm still amazed that your folks were so cool about Scoup trying to raid their fridge! :eek: I have no idea how to train that out of a dog...
Aha! So it wasn't just OUR fridge!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh that is just funny! (about Scoup, and then you guys getting kicked out of the ER!)

Yes please... Shawn post the pics!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Pellet gun or not, 4 rules brother.

Since you asked for it, i'll oblige:

Keep that muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times. No reason it should be pointed at your foot if you're following the 4 rules.

Talk about a legit AD though. Usually it's someone who can't keep their booger hook off the trigger but if your story is true, that's pretty amazing it went down like that. I would be curious to see how the weapon is arranged, disengaging the safety and pulling the trigger in one simultaneous motion all the while having it pointed at your foot after you tripped sounds like a whopper to me :p

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

There is a saying in the shooting world that goes something like this....there are people who have had an ND and people who will eventually have an ND.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey Matt, you should probably just do like Dick Cheney, and shoot your buddy! lol :D

Luckily it was just a pellet gun! Hope you're well soon. :)

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
The following pictures may or may not be work or stomach suitable, depending on who you are and where you work.

Most people who injure themselves are not in good spirits. Goose is not most people :lmao:.

"Hi! I just shot myself in the foot! And we're gonna be cracking so many jokes today that you're gonna get kicked out of the ER...twice!" :rofl:

"Can't see it...keep the suction going."

"Can't even feel the darn thing!"

"Maybe if we really get in there and look?"

"More rinse, more light. Where is it?"

"That's about the rinse we need. Keep it coming."

"I think I got it! Nope, that's the bone."

"Can't even feel it with the instrument. Are we looking in the right place?"

"X is supposed to mark the spot. What's the deal?"

"Break's over, in we go...no, wait, I got a better idea."

"X isn't marking the spot...let's make the hole bigger!"

"Ok, in we go again."

"Open wide!"

"No, wider."

"No, really. Say ahh. Like this, ahhhhhhhhh."

(Doc: ) "Hey, you all need to leave."
(Us: ) "No problem!"
(Dillon: ) "Hey, check this out!"

I've never had more fun in an emergency room. Hope they get the damn thing out soon tho, being lead and all.

...The ER staff at the VA was exceptionally tolerant, and we even got them to crack a couple smiles :lmao:.

·
7,735 Posts
So what's the deal with going to the ER in the first place? couldn't find your letherman or something?

I thought half your foot was missing or something.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts