TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im wondering how far the corners of the all pro rear bumper stick out from the tail light area....if can someone put up some pics of a downward angle showing the gap it would be perfect! Also, how does it look with the license plate light plates removed? thanks ppl :D

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
hey guys, im wondering how far the corners of the all pro rear bumper stick out from the tail light area....if can someone put up some pics of a downward angle showing the gap it would be perfect! Also, how does it look with the license plate light plates removed? thanks ppl :D
Just got done looking at 500 threads about rear bumpers. I would say at least 25 are about All Pro rear bumpers and most of the have pic's. I typed in "rear bumpers" in search. Good reading about other types also. I bought a bumper when I got my slides. I want to mod it some first before installing.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
good pics, how do you guys like your all pro's?
Mine has saved my ass (no pun intended :) ) many times + I think it follows the lines of the truck pretty well. I'm not sure how everyone else's was made, but with my tailgate down, theres only about 1/8th of an inch (or less) distance between the top of the bumper and the tailgate. I've had 2 people sit on the tailgate at the same time and it still doesn't rub.

The ONLY issue I have is that you can no longer use your spare tire "lowerererer" extension. AJ welded a socket to the end of the part that actually enters the spare tire lowerererer so now I put a 3/8" wrench on it to lower it down. It's a real pain in the ass either way.

If you have a 1" body lift and don't raise the rear bumper, you will alleviate this problem at the cost of an ugly gap. I don't know why All Pro hasn't fixed this issue yet. It would not be hard at all to notch and reinforce the tubing in that area to provide access for the 95% of Tacoma owners who still carry their spares in the stock location! :mad:

~Miguel

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
If you have a 1" body lift and don't raise the rear bumper, you will alleviate this problem at the cost of an ugly gap. I don't know why All Pro hasn't fixed this issue yet. It would not be hard at all to notch and reinforce the tubing in that area to provide access for the 95% of Tacoma owners who still carry their spares in the stock location! :mad:

~Miguel
Mine has the 1" BL... I don't think the gap is so bad (pic is on this thread) ... Though I have other reasons for the BL as well... I can easily get the crank rod in there... and there no chance of the tail gate making contact... works for me...

Why wait for All-Pro to mod the design... get busy with it :saw: :welder:

OP...

I like everything about this bumper... except the reciever mount... and lack of tow ability... (But that's fixed for me :saw: :welder: )

Mines still on after bangin' in the rocks so it seems to work...
And that is why it is still on the truck ;)

My tailights are gay as hell though :eek:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Why wait for All-Pro to mod the design... get busy with it :saw: :welder:
Wait? Who's waiting? I'm not waiting.

The bumper has flaws. Why should a consumer have to modify something they they've spent a good amount of $ on just to get back something they had when their truck was stock? Many other bumper manufacturers successfully maintained the factory spare tire lowering option while providing and equally or even more functional wrap around rear bumper.

~Miguel

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
your correct... it was an oversight of their design... Oh well... It don't bother me much at all...

Why should a consumer have to modify something they they've spent a good amount of $ on just to get back something they had when their truck was stock?
~Miguel
Because they can ? :dunno:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just bought one off the all pro website...how long did it take you guys to receive yours?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've been looking at the all pro rear bumper and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it, but does it really give you a lot more clearance over a stock bumper with the factory 2in. hitch, because I'm always dragging mine when I climb ledges, and sometimes it gets me hung up

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
but does it really give you a lot more clearance over a stock bumper with the factory 2in. hitch, because I'm always dragging mine when I climb ledges, and sometimes it gets me hung up
I'd say so... The receiver could be removed or relocated... if that is an issue for ya...

But hey... this isn't just a bumper... It's body armor... Which means... it's there to take that abuse... so yer truck don't ;)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
the only reason my tailgate is dented up is because my ex old lady would let the tailgate slam on the bumper and her fat assed dog would make it contact the bumper...it WILL contact the bumper with enough weight. I now have a 1" bl and it clears just fine. as far as function is concerned it has, like mig said saved my fuckin ass plenty of times.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I mean like can it be used to pull people out or be pulled out by
With a little :saw: and :welder: it can be around a class 4 hitch. Thats enough to lift 2 Taca's off the ground with? The factory installed tow hitch for 04 earlier is 5000 lbs and 6500 lbs 05 up.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts