TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The maintenance day is on Saturday, Nov 5th. The weather backup day is Nov 12th.

I really wanted to go and help but I've got a trail run planned (for months) for Nov 5th.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure I'll be there. I want to focus on getting the oil off of the rocks at the a-hole. I looks horrible. The BLM suggest Simple Green.
Was there this past weekend and someone stacked the heck out some rocks. You could almost drive a Prius through there.

·
7,735 Posts
Also, try making a paste with Tide and water, then use a scrub brush. I've had good luck with that on cement in the past.

I'll have to check my on-call schedule. I know I have a rotation coming up but the schedule shuffles week to week.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Me and Goldfinger went down for this today. We picked up an entire trash bag worth of stuff. Mostly beer bottles, broken glass, parts, and KY gel? Hahaha! We both also painted the tow points along the trail. The majority of the group moved rocks near the exit blocking off a certain area(to the left of the exit) and then cleaned up the real bad oil spill. They also moved a giant rock into the large gap on coffin rock which reduced it's difficulty significantly (you can see it in the pic below. The kid is standing on it)

One guy ended up doing this awkward jeep dance thing which made him roll hard and land awkwardly. I wish I got it on film because I saw it coming. But someone did and hopefully they will post it on Colorado 4x4. Here's a pic. Not very good as it was getting late and the sun wasnt helping.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lol... rolling on the clean up day... after the obstacle was made easier. That's got to be pretty embarrassing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts