TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in charge of getting a CNC plasma cutter for work. probably looking at a 4'x4' table. Needs to have pretty good tolerances, cut at least 3/4" steel, and must be able to read Solid Works files. I wasn't given a budget so as long as all of those are met, it will work.

I know most of you guys wont have experience with industrial grade CNC tables, but for those of you that have experience with them, what are the best manufacturers to go with?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I dont have any personal experience to help you but Torchmate makes some good stuff, has a great reputation and supports our sport. Go to the torchmate vendor forum on pirate for more info.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have any personal experience to help you but Torchmate makes some good stuff, has a great reputation and supports our sport. Go to the torchmate vendor forum on pirate for more info.

yep. they are the first ones I have contacted. Ill hit them up over on pirate too

·
Registered
135 Posts
Why are you looking at a 4x4 table? If money isn't an issue I would go with something that you could fit a full sheet on instead. With the CNC you will be able to maximize material use and even cut down sheets, if needed, in the process.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have thought about that. we will be getting a shear as well so we can easily cut down to 4x4. but, that will also cost us in production time.

in our current building there is a space issue. they havent started the new building yet so it would have to sit in our current building for a while

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah most of the systems will take a .dxf file, which solidworks can do

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just ordered one of these a few weeks ago for my shop:
http://arclightcnc.com/arc-pro-9600-4x8.html

Should be arriving in 2-3 weeks from now. I'll update my experience with it after some solid use, but seems to be a good buy for the $$ and decent quality. I was going to get a TM since they make a nice product and I drive by their place every day on the way to my shop, but I just couldnt afford the full size table from them so ended up looking elsewhere.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Got my CNC early and ran a few cuts. So far very happy with it. I'll post some pics, I'll be cutting 5 sheets of steel tomorrow into skid plates.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, I've cut up about 20-25 full sheets of steel and aluminum(4x10's and 4x12's, sheared in half for easier hand loading.) on it so far, and its doing great. Had one drive pulley on the Y-axis loosen a bit due to no thread locker on set screws but it was an easy fix. Everything else has been great.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts