TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was browsing around the net for a decent low priced impact wrench to use with my co2 tank every now and then. I've used quite a few different brands at my old work and am definitely staying away from cheap HF type stuff. I came across this from IR: link
Anyone have experience with that particular model, the 231G? It's cheap for what it is, but I figure I couldn't go wrong with an IR product. Suggestions for another gun?

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm a mercedes benz tech and i've been using my IR 231 almost on a daily basis since 1999 and it hasn't failed me yet. IR builds the best air tools in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My IR is 15 years old and still working great! Can't go wrong there. My .002

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
i'm a mercedes benz tech and i've been using my IR 231 almost on a daily basis since 1999 and it hasn't failed me yet. IR builds the best air tools in my opinion.
They also make solid air compressors too. We run a 60gal at work, and I ahve a 30 gal here at the house.

I wouldn't run anything else. Grainger has some pretty good pricing on IR products too.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I got a full husky air tool set on e-bay for around 50.00. it was used but in good condition and it includes air wrench,impact,paint gun,chiesle,cut off wheel and some sockets. A good deal and husky is a nice brand. I have used numerous times on the trail with my co2.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. My co2 tank has a fixed 150psi regulator, will this be a problem? At the shop I worked at, we ran everything on 150psi.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've been using my co2/150psi setup on a $30 HF impact for a lil over 2 years. No issues. I've also had the pleasure of using that IR impact, its a great tool.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I have used ingersol for years with no trouble, best one for the money in my opinion.

·
Registered
271 Posts
i think im using an IR impact at work and its a good impact. i have a husky impact and its a pile of shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts