TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anthony is now a member of the Elite club and gets the award "I'll Hit That".
Half-way through our day of wheeling Anthony took point and did an outstanding job with concern for others.
I'm very impressed with his leadership... This could also gives Skip and I a break on hitting the shit first :D

Unfortunately this one hole got him...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
But the best part is yet to come. Wait till about tuesday afternoon when you go to get in your truck. The smell is something awful!!!! Anyway, welcome to the flood club.lol

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats!!! And welcome to the club!!! :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
THANKS GUYS ! I've been Initiated....

And I spent 5 hours at my moms house with the industrial carpet cleaner, sucked about a gallon of liquid out of the carpet alone, than took the doors apart, steam cleaned the floorboards, than the padding, than the carpet, let it dry, than cleaned the seats.... It ended up being cleaner than pre-flood... Smells better too :p

And it's been cleaned thouroughly to "PreFlood" Condition
After washing, prewaxing, clay bar, polish, and 2 stage waxing :cool:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
ill give you $50 to wash my truck like that, just not pulling it all apart. all i need is it vacuumed and the outside wash and crap.

come on its a good deal, you drive here, bring your own supplies, and ill give you $50. lol

looks good though

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yo, that truck looks clean!! Was that out at Corbett?? Been stuck in the water deep out there, but not that deep...Ok, question...Have heard about a "clay bar" before, but what exactly is it and for what?? Cuz once you see my FJ and how scratched to shit it already is you'll see why I'm asking..

·
Registered
676 Posts
You get it at the parts store it's not cheap, like 25 bucks for the bar....

It's like modeling clay, and you use detailer spray with it.... It does nothing for scratches, you wet the surface with detailer and rub the bar across the surface. It removes oxidation and everything else... It's basically prep for polish and wax's. It removes dirt stuck in paint etc... I can wash my truck, use wax remover scrub and dry, and the bar will be filthy when I'm done. it makes it more reflective and protects the paint by removing the contaminents and waxing over to protect... IT makes the paint feel wet even before polish and wax.

Even after a simple wash (twice a week by the way) I hit the wheels, window trim, fender flares, mirror, chrome, bumpers, door handles, bedliner and toolbox with some high quality detailers to shine and protect everything... It always looks like this :cool:

Except after off-roading.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have to get a clay bar then...Just got to find a place that sells them...The deep scratches I have in my clearcoat are from branches digging dirt into it...I bet this thing will prob help out emmensely...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Cruznlife1 said:
advance auto, pepboys, autozone etc... get meguiers or the mothers kit.... the mothers kit will come with wax.... it wont help the scratches though.

Thanks...Stop by there and pick it up today...

·
Registered
148 Posts
91toyota4x4 said:
If you want to try to get rid of small scratches you can use some polishing compound. Although it probably isn't the best for the paint.
this is coming from a guy who never washes his truck or cares about paint.
I mean come on you cant drive either, how do u run into a pole at a gas pump. lol that was so funny bosco you remb. this lol

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
joedirt311 said:
this is coming from a guy who never washes his truck or cares about paint.
I mean come on you cant drive either, how do u run into a pole at a gas pump. lol that was so funny bosco you remb. this lol
I figured I would just drag my slider down it and bump off on my rear tire! Just forgot there is a 6 inch gap between my slider and tire.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Iggy said:
got wet water=cab full airbox of water must i say more?
You should have stayed stuck and waited for Neil and I to get there. I was ready with camera in hand!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts