TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to know what high steer arms you guys suggested for running ram assist, 1.5" x 8" ram? I read some posts that sounded to me like Partsmike was the way to go but I didn't know if "Custom flat arm" or the "Supper arm" from partsmike was the way to go. I am wondering if the stronger supper arm is best with the ram assist or if the custom flat arm is enough? I have a HP D44 and will either be running 38's or 37's. One last question, is partsmike the best place to send my knuckle to drilled and tapped? I live on the east coast is why I ask, I didn'y know if there was any place closer.

Thanks
N8

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I know that most people with high-steer who aren't running an arm like the Super Arm are running a spacer. Reason being that the tie-rod contacts the leafspring/spring plate. That should be about the same with a steering ram, as you will likely mount it to the top of the center section.

A machine shop can drill and tap your flattop knuckles.

Hope that's of some use.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Super arm but the best thing to do is to give him a call. Nice guy with lots of info. I went with his entire kit including knuckels, arms etc.

·
Registered
739 Posts
you get that sorted? chk out sky manufacturing,they have a sweet high steer arm with spacer built in,i broke off the bolts with a spacer,but have since welded it and it don't move now,the spacer and arm must be perfectly machined or it will loosen and shear bolts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Definitly go with Parts Mikes Super arm. It is a 1/2" taller and still able to use stock hardware in your knuckles. Which leaves room for a taller possible setup if necessary. Mike is very knowledgeable and a great guy to do business with. I am running his complete setup also to include the tapered landcruiser pitman arm that fits the heavy duty tie rod ends that he sells with his steering link setup without having to use a insert of sort. Later

-Trent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts