TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THANKS FAUX for the use of Jackstand Alley and your mad cutting skillz.
Well, Faux did some :saw: and I did some BOOGER :welder: . It was the FIRST time I have ever used a mig welder and on sheet metal at that. TRUST me, this was probably not the best project to start out with, but, it seems to be very solid. 13 inches removed, and bed liner bobbed too. I plan on doing a paint stripe after some minor body work as I waved it some when grinding on the boogs. I'll be adding a license plate light, bumper and mud flaps soon. I love it and am very pleased with my attempt.






 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Looks good. I'm still a newb so my opinion doesn't really count for shit.


Those SAS really move the front axle foward don't they. I thought it was just a camera angle the first couple of times I saw it but I guess not.
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blakjak said:
Looks good. I'm still a newb so my opinion doesn't really count for shit.
Those SAS really move the front axle foward don't they. I thought it was just a camera angle the first couple of times I saw it but I guess not.

Thanks everyone.

As for the SAS. Mine is way forward compared to others. Since I knew I was going to be running larger tires and was planning on staying with leafs, it was pushed out to clear the tires from the firewall. This also improves my approach angle quite a bit. It's a work in progress as time and money are limited.
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tweeter said:
Looks nice. You going to box in those frame rails and add a bumper next?
Thanks. Yeah, will be doing a very basic bumper with hi-clearance wrap arounds. Frame rails are on the project to-do list as well.
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Intrepid said:
When does it get wheeled? :D
It doesn't since the swap. :rolleyes: It is still lacking quite a few things to make it wheelable. Things just keep sucking the money away from getting it done. Unfortunately, I have to live by the "someday" mind set.
 

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
Joined
·
9,048 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Gee, you act like I work next to a car wash or something. ;)
I think you'd have to run it through a couple hundred times to break down the crust layer then take it home and scrub the rest with some ajax to get back to the original paint layer! :eek: :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
is that a tundra or a T-100 rear axle? the skinny tall look of the tires looks freakin nice. how much and where'd you get em?
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
eightyfive said:
is that a tundra or a T-100 rear axle? the skinny tall look of the tires looks freakin nice. how much and where'd you get em?

Ford 9" rear. Tires are military surplus out of San Diego. Michelin 11.00R16 (38" tall) with XZL tread pattern. I got 2 with 99% tread (nipples still on them but driven on), 2 with about 98% tread and a 100% tread spare. Tires were $175 a piece. They ship them for $40 each flat rate anywhere in the US. They don't normally have the XZL's, I called at the right time.
 

·
Good For You
Joined
·
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
DentedTacoma said:
That is a good looking rig. Do you mash that bumper when it flexes or what?

Thanks on the props. I'll be cutting some fender and trimming a little more plastic. Eventually it'll have just steel up front. When it flex's it clears just fine as the axle moves back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Ford 9" rear. Tires are military surplus out of San Diego. Michelin 11.00R16 (38" tall) with XZL tread pattern. I got 2 with 99% tread (nipples still on them but driven on), 2 with about 98% tread and a 100% tread spare. Tires were $175 a piece. They ship them for $40 each flat rate anywhere in the US. They don't normally have the XZL's, I called at the right time.

Damn dude, thats a nice deal for those tires. Wish they made them in a 35 or something smaller for the moderate lifts, but I have always loved the design of them. Nice work
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
14 Participants
Heatstroke
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top