TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decide to install a detroit LSD when I do my gears up front. Do I need any special parts to complete the install? I purchased a master install kit for the gears, but dont know if the LSD requires new bearings or anything like that. And if so, are they regular OEM parts?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are you installing a truetrac or a lsd? I don't care for lsd's but a truetrac is one of the best options for traction in the diff. Thats what the offroad shop I use recommended I put in the front diff. Not sure on what it takes to install one though I hear its not an easy task. Good Luck later.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The TrueTrac is a limited slip

·
Registered
94 Posts
yeah the truetrac is a gear driven lsd i have 1 in front and rear when i ordered i got everything though

·
Registered
36 Posts
so what do you think of the truetrac? I would like to put one in my front but I might just get a arb and call it done. I wish they had an electric locker for the front that would work.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I consider a lsd to be a unit which uses friction disk like brake pads. And they wear out if you don't use the right fluid in your diff. I like the truetrac it is supposed to be a great unit.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jwbronco said:
so what do you think of the truetrac? I would like to put one in my front but I might just get a arb and call it done. I wish they had an electric locker for the front that would work.
I originally wanted an ARB but the cost was to much. I have ADD and didnt want a full time or auto locker and also driving in the snow would be pretty bad. I figure the LSD would give some traction improvement with less potential for damage than a locker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts