TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here install the 5150s in the rear and have any trouble?
because i read a tread in another website and they talked about having trouble installing the 5150s...or something

i would like to hear from people who ever installed the 5150s in the rear..
thanks!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
anybody here install the 5150s in the rear and have any trouble?
because i read a tread in another website and they talked about having trouble installing the 5150s...or something

i would like to hear from people who ever installed the 5150s in the rear..
thanks!
mine went in w/o a problem. I assume you got the 3/4" bushings to replace the 5/8" ones that come in the shocks ;)

I do suggest this mod, however: http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/minutemods/tacoma_shocks/

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
i think daystar makes them, if not bilstein themselves. you should be able to get some from demello if you cant find them anywhere else. I bought my 5100's from him and they were already in the box

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
3/4 bushing? crap...no...i still have the ones that came with it....where can i get the 3/4 bushings?
who did you get the shocks from? when you told them they were for a Taco they should have either swapped them for you or sold you the right bushings. check the inside diameter...they might be right afterall ;)

I got mine from Camburg and they sent the bushings with the shocks.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
humm..i got them from jackit.com...i told them it was a taco...so i hope they send me the right bushing...i'm gonna go check now...lol

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i just check them...and i dont think they are the right size..i'm gonna call them tommorow...i have a feeling that they might be the 5/8

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
well i just check them...and i dont think they are the right size..i'm gonna call them tommorow...i have a feeling that they might be the 5/8
Energy suspesion or Daystar makes them.

www.suspension.com is in Modesto and gets stuff out quick.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
wait is the measurement in inches or millimeter?
it's .75 mm = 3/4 but about 5/8 in inches...
huh? .75 mm is about 1/64", LOL 3/4" is about 1.9cm or 19mm; 5/8" is about 1.6 cm or 16mm

I got the 3/4" bushings

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh so it is in inches or what not...def have the wrong bushing...i didn't know if it was in metric...or not...hehe

guess i need the diff bushing..
i couldn't find the bushing in that site...like the info is all over the place in that web
can you give me a link that is direct to the bushing that i need?

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
oh so it is in inches or what not...def have the wrong bushing...i didn't know if it was in metric...or not...hehe

guess i need the diff bushing..
i couldn't find the bushing in that site...like the info is all over the place in that web
can you give me a link that is direct to the bushing that i need?
just call www.Camburg.com and ask for the 3/4" bushings for 5150s on a Tacoma. mention ttora for 10% off.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
umm..called camburg...said they dont' sell bushing..and they gave me a number to cartech or something like that and they said they never sold bushing that big...

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
umm..called camburg...said they dont' sell bushing..and they gave me a number to cartech or something like that and they said they never sold bushing that big...
well that doesn't make any sense, sheesh.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
04RedLobster said:
I'll see what I can come up with...

·
Registered
199 Posts
04RedLobster said:
that's what i am saying...what am i suppose to do now...
like hytenor said did you try suspension.com? they can get you the bushings out quick. also when i did mine i was in a pinch and got the bushings from 4wheelf**ks

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well no...i couldn't find like the link to it...i guess i will call them tommorow...since it hink they are closed...

oh how is the RB 2" BL...i'm thinking about doing this..but i have a 5spd..and did you have to move the radiator? and als what about the rear bumper..i heard it's hard to get to level...

·
Registered
199 Posts
04RedLobster said:
well no...i couldn't find like the link to it...i guess i will call them tommorow...since it hink they are closed...

oh how is the RB 2" BL...i'm thinking about doing this..but i have a 5spd..and did you have to move the radiator? and als what about the rear bumper..i heard it's hard to get to level...
the rb kit is real good and well made. had to cut some of the metal plate that holds on the shift boot, removed the lower shrowd of the radiator (well the fan did when i started the engine :eek: ), kept the radiator in the same place, and got a bentup bumper that was made for a 2"bl. the rear bumper relocation for a 2" kit is a pain. i fiddled with it for about an hour and said f it. the front youll just need to have roger or yourself make a bracket out of some metal plate that raises the bumper up 2".

also for your shock eye bushings, since suspension.com doesnt know just measure the width of the shock eye, the bushing should be about a 1/4 of an inch or so longer on each side, so add that to your measurement and youll have what you need. make sure its the hourglass shaped bushing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts