TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got a Flowmaster Delta 40 series (just the muffler) and i am looking at installing it myself. But before I start cutting up my exhaust, i was wondering if i am going to need extra piping, or reducers or anything of that nature? Any advice would help.
~Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is this a full slip-on CATBACK system? If it is, and it was designed for your specific vehicle, then you should be ok.
If not, I think you're going to need to supply some more info in regards to your new exhaust system.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you bought the complete cat-back system then youll be fine.
If you only have the muffler then you will need some material.

I just bought a delta 40 muffler for my dads tundra. My friend took it to his shop and made a cat-back exhaust for it. saved hundreds compared to a cat-back exhaust you can buy from flowmaster.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I slapped in some turbo muffler from Summit racing, and I needed a small section of 2.25" pipe to make up the difference. Have some handy! The stocl muffler is long. Other then that, I just welded it all together. :welder:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
ah64id
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing