TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am trying to install a new kenwood deck in a 4x4 v6 1996 tacoma extra cab.

I took out the old deck, unplugged the antenna, factory cd deck and the two wiring harnesses.

I connected the new wiring harness to the wiring harnesses already on the truck and connected it to the new deck.

I get no power to the deck. I replaced the fuses. I've double checked all the connections. I've disconnected and reconnected the battery too. I reconnected the old stock deck and now ITS not getting power either.

I don't know what else to try. Please help.

thanks in advance for your help,

Bruno

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
you checked both fuses? the dome fuse i think it is under the hood also powers the same circuit that the radio is powered on in the fuse panel in the cab.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your good. I figured it out before I read your reply and that is what it was. The dome fuse. I really appreciate it though. Thanks. Why would they run the radio and the clock off of the dome fuse in addition to their OWN fuses...weird.

·
Registered
606 Posts
bruno said:
Your good. I figured it out before I read your reply and that is what it was. The dome fuse. I really appreciate it though. Thanks. Why would they run the radio and the clock off of the dome fuse in addition to their OWN fuses...weird.

haha if you think that's weird.. in my tundra, the stereo won't play if the 12v ports are unplugged under the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
0stepside3
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing