TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well, they're Quick Release Hinges to be exact. These look extremely tough. But, before removing my old hinges, I noticed that there's a glue behind the plate that connects to the body. Is this glue put on there to make the door line up? Is it something that I can add to the aftermarket hinges, like a certain kind of silicone? What scares me is cutting the stock hinges off and hanging my tube doors with the pin pulls, but then having my stock doors not line up correctly. If you have any buddies at the Japan factory, or if you know anyone with as much knowledge on our trucks as a factory worker, can you tell me if I'm going to be able to plug and play and just bolt the new aftermarket hinges on without a problem?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I've always just notched the top bolt hole of the hinge on the door side of the hinge.

Just remove the door and cut the top hinge from the top straight down to the first hole. thread a bolt into the top hole on the door and hang the door.

Very simple and easy to do.

The replacement hinge looks great and if I were building a trail only rig I'd use them.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Looks cool but I like the free "notching" trick myself. Free is alway a plus! Those are cool though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts