TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know anything about installing spacers and adding a leaf to the back but i was quoted 280 bucks to install everything. is that high, it sure seems like it but i have no clue how hard/easy it is to install.
thanks
-darren

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
tyler, do you have his contact info or does he work for a shop? i cant post on the cali board for like 23 hours ,they have some waiting period. have you noticed a real, real different ride with your CF's? stiffer or is it just a small difference??
thanks

·
Registered
925 Posts
i would guess it takes about 3 hrs for the front, and about 2-3 hrs for the back. so it isn't a terrible price if you have no other options.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok if there are any cali guys that would be able to help me out email me at [email protected] id really appreciate it, im looking to put it in probably in a couple of weeks.
thanks alot

·
Registered
556 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
tyler, do you have his contact info or does he work for a shop? i cant post on the cali board for like 23 hours ,they have some waiting period. have you noticed a real, real different ride with your CF's? stiffer or is it just a small difference??
thanks
Try contacting Tyler at tmtyler at ttora-socal dot com or showstop at pinkfloyd dot net.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
i dont know anything about installing spacers and adding a leaf to the back but i was quoted 280 bucks to install everything. is that high, it sure seems like it but i have no clue how hard/easy it is to install.
thanks
-darren
i'm sure there is somebody out in CA that will be willing to help you install the spacers and AAL...i'm getting help from members of TTORA that lives around charlotte...i heard it's not that hard to install...

·
sunuva
73 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
That is not bad, Most shops in this area charge around $300. Ask freinds, and members in your area to help you! Most likely you will find someone willing to help!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got 60 budweisers and a free lunch to anyone that wants to help me do it. email me if interested, plus itll be cool to meet some peeps that are in TTORA in my area.
thanks
-darren

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have 2.5" CF's but I replaced that crappy front shocks with bilstein HD's... deff the way to go in my opinion. I don't notice the front being all that much stiffer. It is a little bit but some people make it out to be MUCH worse then it is. I put shackles in the back but have yet to replace the rear shocks.

The way to go is to pull off your coilover assembly and take it to a shop, have them install the spacers and then reinstall the assembly yourself. I don't remember how much I got charged but I don't think it was over like 45 bucks. It took maybe half hour to remove and reinstall the coilover assemblies(it took the shop about an hour to install the spacers cause they were busy), it is CAKE.

If I had time on the weekends I would certainly be down to hwlp, but more then likeley I will be busy. But drop me a line with a time and date and I will see if I am available. [email protected]

·
Registered
668 Posts
like everyone said, ask around for help... i was too shy to ask when i did mine, so i shopped around and found a decent deal at a small shop in my area of L.A... 4WheelParts wanted $240 for install (coil spacers and shackles) and $120 for alignment, but the shop i ended up at charged me $160 for install (Toytec spacers, HD shocks, Daystar shackles, and 5100s) and $40 for alignment, so I went that route...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
mikesdoublecab said:
like everyone said, ask around for help... i was too shy to ask when i did mine, so i shopped around and found a decent deal at a small shop in my area of L.A... 4WheelParts wanted $240 for install (coil spacers and shackles) and $120 for alignment, but the shop i ended up at charged me $160 for install (Toytec spacers, HD shocks, Daystar shackles, and 5100s) and $40 for alignment, so I went that route...
do u need to get an alignment? i'm just gonna use my stock coil and shocks in the front...yes i know it's gonna be real stiff...and 2" cornfed shackles with either 5100bil or 5150..which ever comes to my house first...lol..and diff drop

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I took my struts to a tire shop, Mountain View Tire in Signal Hill (so-cal), and they put my spacers on for 15 bux a strut...so 30 dollars there. Taking them out and putting them in is simple, u can do that.

I have shackles, so i think adding a leaf in the back is a little more difficult..

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
make sure you ask the price before hand...coulda gotten it for $35 somewhere w/a coupon, but went w/someone's suggestion and at the end it was $95.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
10 Participants
CYi5
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing