TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installing TRD axle maybe next weekend

Well I'll be installing my new axle, carrier bearing, and possibly coils this weekend 5/5 if all the parts come in as planed. Mike Rouse is coming up from Austin to lend a hand. If anybody would like to venture to Waxahachie you are more than welcome to come hang out, lend a hand, or whatever.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
do you have the non-trd axle ? would you sell it?

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
if he doesn't Adam, I know who does. My2coma (James)just bought a trd axle from Shannon and will need to sell his non trd axle as soon as he gets his new one installed.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
is it just the 3rd member or is it the whole axle? Because I thought all you need is a new 3rd member.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
is it just the 3rd member or is it the whole axle? Because I thought all you need is a new 3rd member.
I believe it is the whole axle because that is what shannon was selling. BTW the TRD thrid member isn't just straight bolt on a non TRD housing. It can be done but there has to be some bolts cut and some holes drilled for two bolts to go throu. That is pretty much it in a nut shell.

Yeah, BTW what are u trying to do going to just a non TRD housing? ARB or Ausie locker maybe?

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
It can be done but there has to be some bolts cut and some holes drilled for two bolts to go throu. That is pretty much it in a nut shell.
What you describe is the fitment into the older 8" axle or 4runner rear axle.
I haven't heard anyone fitting one into an 8.4 axle.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
do you have the non-trd axle ? would you sell it?
yes it will be for sale or trade, still waiting for the new to get here though, hopefully it will come in today. It will be drum to drum, but the drivers side axle needs new wheel bearings, I have the new seal for it though.

·
Old School
938 Posts
Mike Rouse is coming up from Austin to lend a hand.
Is he still around ?? He still got that red reg cab ?? I haven't heard from him in a few years. Would be cool to catch up on ol times and see what he is up to...

What is his screen name ??

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morouse is his screen name. He still has the red shorty with a canvas camper. They just sold Chances old truck. He had been traveling with work a lot, but he got a new position and dosen't have to travel as much. I'm going to try and talk him into going to TX takeover this year.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well looks like this will be delayed due to axle not getting here. Sucks been without a vehicle for two weeks now, but thats life.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.