TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have blown he 10a fuse for this 3 x's in the last two months. This morning stated the truck "04 Dble Cab and for a while the instrument lights would fade in without the lights being turned on. If I put on the left blinker they would blink with it. Got to work, turned off the truck and turned it back on again it is OK now. This has only happened when it has been wet then very cold the next day. -20 or so. Could the trailer harness be installed wrong and be causing this when it becomes wet?? That is the only electrical mod other than the alarm mod I did from this site (or the old site). Any idea's guysn'gals?

·
Registered
264 Posts
ChozenFrozenTaco said:
Could the trailer harness be installed wrong and be causing this when it becomes wet?? That is the only electrical mod...
Yeah, check your connections on the trailer harness, make sure they are waterproof. And check that the ground is good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to jack the thread, but I dont want to start another one. My passenger tail is having the same problem. My passenger parking tail is the only light that is NOT working, but the brake filament works. My truck has been in the shop for a month, and it has been cold and raining.
When you say, check if the ground is good, are you talking about the ground that is attached to the socket, or another ground? Thanks if you can help me out.

The guys at the body shop checked the fuses, checked the relays, checked the bulb itself, and checked the wiring harness. In regards of the wiring connection, they checked for good contact of the wires, they didnt check if the wires were "live" with a multimeter. Oh yea, I talked to a toyota mechanic, and he said the tail continuity switch is rare to be the problem. My guess would be the wiring harness due to the rain, moisture, and cold. (elements/factors at a body shop) Electrician wasnt present the day I confronted the body shop with the problem. Hopefully they can fix it during the week.
Mikey

·
Registered
143 Posts
ChozenFrozenTaco said:
Have blown he 10a fuse for this 3 x's in the last two months. This morning stated the truck "04 Dble Cab and for a while the instrument lights would fade in without the lights being turned on. If I put on the left blinker they would blink with it. Got to work, turned off the truck and turned it back on again it is OK now. This has only happened when it has been wet then very cold the next day. -20 or so. Could the trailer harness be installed wrong and be causing this when it becomes wet?? That is the only electrical mod other than the alarm mod I did from this site (or the old site). Any idea's guysn'gals?
Check your battery connection too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts