TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
intake silencer mod promiss at least 7hp.

ive heard about this mod and seems very inexpensive with no side effects. they talk about removing the resonator or silencer in the intake tube right before the tb. for some reason the picture that they showed of this thing didnt look anything like the one i have. so i took off the thing i thought it was and had no sound change with which it promised. has anyone done this mod because it seems promising. what is that box right before the throttle body. is this the resonator and is it it ok to remove for performance and sound. any insight will help. PLEASE LOOK AT THIS SITE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT THE PICTURE IS OF THAT THEY SAY IS THE SILENCER BECAUSE THE PIECE THEY SHOW DOESNT LOOK LIKE THE ONE I GOT../

http://www.yotatech.com/~corey/tech/dr_z_intake/dr_z.htm

·
Registered
648 Posts
ok. i just made a write up about this. it doesnt increase horsepower, just noise. it sounds decent at about 4,000RPM. i just performed the mod and it is decent and worth a couple of bucks and 5 mins to do it. just do it and u will see. i enjoy it, personally. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Offroadtaco3
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing