TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I hope you can help me with this. I have an 01 D-cab 3.4L auto. I just removed the SC and sold it (power SUCKS now) and I am having trouble with it now. After installing my stock intake I had a vaccum leak at the base of it. I replaced the gasket with a new one but I still have the leak. I then checked over the intake and found it had a bit of warp to it, so I had it planed down. Another new gasket and I still have the damn leak. I could not see any obvious cracks in the intake so I am stuck now. Anyone have any great ideas. We even went so far as to put a light coat of RTV on the gasket this last time in desperation. I know that isnt the greatest idea but still did it. STILL have a leak. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL...NO kidding. It sucks now, but times needed this done...BACK to my problem though. There is no miss at idle that I can feel, but it maxes out the long trim to like +39. When i am running down the road it runs just fine and trims go to where they should be. Any ideas?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are you sure its coming from the contact surfaces? The heat of the supercharger has tendency to eat up the vacuum hoses, check for cracks/splits.

I have a few cracked ones myself,

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Have you used the old piece of hose as stethoscope trick to be sure it's the manifold gasket seal? You can usually hear a vacuum leak so you can track it down that way.
Another way is to use some carb to TB cleaner spray. Just spray it around with the engine idling and the leak will suck it in and make the engine stumble. If you're careful and use the extension tube that comes with most spray cleaners, you can isolate it that way too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I am down to thinking I have an O-Ring bad on one of the injectors. I replaced that ir surge gasket so many times not making sure I have done it right that I can do it in about 20 minutes. No craked lines at all. That is why I am thinking about the O-Rings. I was wondering if they could get hard and brittle from sitting around for about a year while the SC was on. Does that sound like a possibility?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts