TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have been looking on truckperformance.com and i found an Injen intake, giving gain up to 12 HP. I have a 3.4L, will it give me gain or not?

·
Registered
472 Posts
the only gain i got from it was that cool sound of the throttle body valve opeining and worse gas mileage.

·
Registered
731 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:
hey i have been looking on truckperformance.com and i found an Injen intake, giving gain up to 12 HP. I have a 3.4L, will it give me gain or not?
Do the deckplate mod and get an Amsoil foam or stock paper filter. It will cost you about 50 bucks including the filter and will give you just as much or more power than the Injen. Don't believe the 12 HP either. It won't happen with the 3.4

Dave

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would say that you should at least feel better throttle response when you get rid ot that stock intake tube.
Manuf. have to abide by sound restrictions when they design an intake system. Thats why most performance intake kits are alot louder, they are only looking to increase hp.
www.performanceproducts.com sells an Airraid version of the intake you are reffering to also.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so then the problem with all these induction kits is just the shity intake heads?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts