TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are hoping to start testing some new 3.4 motor mounts in the very near future. These would be a much stronger mount, using a leaf spring style, poly bushing. This would help keep the motor solidly where it belongs, and also help contribute to a much stiffer, more responsive drivetrain. These mounts also hold up better under nasty abuse use, including keeping the motor attached during hard rolls. Downside, is they will transmit more vibration to you while driving. Let us know if you would be seriously interested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
I'm definitely interested. My stockers are shot, and I've got tons of slop in my drivetrain. Would your kit include an upgraded frame perch as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drabnor said:
id be interested in those and also an upgraded transmission mount for a v6 4x4 automatic
Similar idea, all new parts, and under $100 a set. As for tranny/tcase mount, have you seen the xmember we do? Sounds like it would be right up your alley.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Front Range said:
We are hoping to start testing some new 3.4 motor mounts in the very near future. These would be a much stronger mount, using a leaf spring style, poly bushing. This would help keep the motor solidly where it belongs, and also help contribute to a much stiffer, more responsive drivetrain. These mounts also hold up better under nasty abuse use, including keeping the motor attached during hard rolls. Downside, is they will transmit more vibration to you while driving. Let us know if you would be seriously interested.
I would be interested as well, but price is a definate obstacle. If it reasonable in terms of price, I am in. Example- I would be totally down to buy the ORS internal cage, but $920 plus shipping for a cage? I can have one custom built for that in my truck with better lateral support and more options for $920. I not knocking your product, but when All-Pro can produce a cage for less than $500 its hard to shell out that kind of dough. I know you have to do some fabbing :welder: to fit All-Pros cage, but for $420 I will do some fabbing. I know its hard to compare the mini-truck market to Tacomas, but that is my 2 cents.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,124 Posts
Front Range said:
Similar idea, all new parts, and under $100 a set. As for tranny/tcase mount, have you seen the xmember we do? Sounds like it would be right up your alley.

id for sure buy a set at or under $100.

ive seen the crossmember but its way more than i need, i just need something that bolts to the stock crossmember but that maybe has a bolt passing all the way thru it like the motor mounts do, also this does not have to be poly(actually rubber would be prefered as poly would prob induce tons of vibrations)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Timbuddha said:
I would be interested as well, but price is a definate obstacle. If it reasonable in terms of price, I am in. Example- I would be totally down to buy the ORS internal cage, but $920 plus shipping for a cage? I can have one custom built for that in my truck with better lateral support and more options for $920. I not knocking your product, but when All-Pro can produce a cage for less than $500 its hard to shell out that kind of dough. I know you have to do some fabbing :welder: to fit All-Pros cage, but for $420 I will do some fabbing. I know its hard to compare the mini-truck market to Tacomas, but that is my 2 cents.
Certainly understandable on the cage Tim. I would like to drop the cost on the cage, but just havent been able to find anyway to cut the costs at this time. Also, a couple things to compare on those cages. We use 1.75, they use 1.5" tubing. We have 3 "hoops", them 2. We've got 6 spreaders, them 2. Ours, jig welded, put in, drill floor. Theirs, try not to burn the carpet, dash, hearest, etc. Hope it doesnt warp when you take it back out to complete welding. Ours afternnon to install. Theirs at least 1 full day, if not weekend. As for more bracing, yes, adding an X in the back, door bars, shoulder harness mounting tube etc would make it stronger, safer, etc. However, all of these detract the usability of the back seats, and daily driving complications. We dont want to force people to sacrifice those things if they dont want to. Myself, Ive got a shoulder bar, and will be adding an x and door bars. Ill also be removing the back seat, back paneling, seatbelts are already gone, etc. Im toying with gutting the rest of the interior for weight. But I wouldnt want to drive this thing from here to Vegas either. Honestly if you can get a custom cage built, from DOM from a high end fabricator for under a grand, I would jump all over that. Seriously, that is a great deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
drabnor said:
id for sure buy a set at or under $100.

ive seen the crossmember but its way more than i need, i just need something that bolts to the stock crossmember but that maybe has a bolt passing all the way thru it like the motor mounts do, also this does not have to be poly(actually rubber would be prefered as poly would prob induce tons of vibrations)

RJ

I have that crossmember and from what I have heard, the poly mounts are less stiff than the rubber ones. I think the poly mounts for the Front Range Crossmember are the same as the cab body mounts for our Tacomas. I am looking to switch to the poly mounts only due to the fact that at idle the vibrations do get a little annoying unless you slip in into neutral
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Front Range said:
Certainly understandable on the cage Tim. I would like to drop the cost on the cage, but just havent been able to find anyway to cut the costs at this time. Also, a couple things to compare on those cages. We use 1.75, they use 1.5" tubing. We have 3 "hoops", them 2. We've got 6 spreaders, them 2. Ours, jig welded, put in, drill floor. Theirs, try not to burn the carpet, dash, hearest, etc. Hope it doesnt warp when you take it back out to complete welding. Ours afternnon to install. Theirs at least 1 full day, if not weekend. As for more bracing, yes, adding an X in the back, door bars, shoulder harness mounting tube etc would make it stronger, safer, etc. However, all of these detract the usability of the back seats, and daily driving complications. We dont want to force people to sacrifice those things if they dont want to. Myself, Ive got a shoulder bar, and will be adding an x and door bars. Ill also be removing the back seat, back paneling, seatbelts are already gone, etc. Im toying with gutting the rest of the interior for weight. But I wouldnt want to drive this thing from here to Vegas either. Honestly if you can get a custom cage built, from DOM from a high end fabricator for under a grand, I would jump all over that. Seriously, that is a great deal.

Point well taken Brian. I know you guys do your best to give us reasonable prices, but you know us Toyota owners. We are always trying to get stuff for cheaper. If these were Jeep Rubicons I don't think you would see people bat an eye at almost $1000. :lmao: It's not that I don't want on. On the contrary I really want a cage to save my ass when I driving hammer down on Jackhammer, but I also want a winch bumper and a crawler and on and on. :xcrybaby:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top