TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find out how many 05+ tacoma owners are interested in a SAS kit. Please specify 3-link with panhard, or 4-link, etc. My warranty just ran out so I'm ready to :saw: :welder: .

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
i would be interested but gonna be a couple of years...so are you gonna make'em or trying to drum up interest to take to a manufacturer to show that there is a market for the product?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ocdropzone said:
i would be interested but gonna be a couple of years...so are you gonna make'em or trying to drum up interest to take to a manufacturer to show that there is a market for the product?
I'm trying to drum up interest to show that there is a demand for it. I'll end up doing it anyway though. I want to get a 3-link and I will if I can figure out the correct measurements and geometry. New kits for the older Tacomas are still coming out and I hope to point out to the aftermarket that it may be better to invest in a kit for the late tacomas or the FJ. Wyatt said that it was actually easier to do it on the late models because the fuel pan doesn't have to be moved and the steering box is easier to configure. The only issue seems to be the frame which would have to be reinforced.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I will probably SAS my truck when the warranty runs out, but it's going to be another 4 years. By then I will be buying another truck and most likely dedicating this rig to hunting and shooting trips, so DD duties will not be needed any more. I will most likely fab the SAS myself, just haven't decided whether it will be LS or CO suspension, dana or ford 9 inch etc.. I would do it for the sheer enjoyment of fabbing it, not out of real need, or rock crawling ability. Just for fun.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Let me know when you start. I would love to give you a hand, or just watch. Boy that sounds kinda dirty doesn't it. I am in Anchorage as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
TurdTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing