TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

The Death Valley trip I planned recently went pretty well in my opinion, but I can't speak for those who experienced damage, sorry guys... Anyways... I'm already drooling over some trails I'd like to explore in SW Utah. I wanted to gauge interest in a 2-3 day trip into SW Utah sometime in March or the first two weeks of April. I'm going to be attending the TW Moab Meet in mid-May and I think this might be my last opportunity to do an overnight trip before the summer months when my job starts to suck.

I'm hoping we can make this a group planning effort, I have ideas in mind, but I'd like to bounce ideas around. We had 7 trucks out for the DV trip but it would be even better if we could get a sizable crowd for a Utah adventure.

If you're interested, please post up your trail ideas/preferences:

What weekend dates work best for you?
2 days - 1 night or 3 days - 2 nights?
Any areas / trails of interest?

I will post up tentative trails and route plans as I hear back from folks. We can make it easy - moderate, moderate - difficult. Its up to the people who post up. I just want to get back out there and wheel. As soon as I get an opinion on dates, I'll make an "Upcoming Event" thread.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Personally I have too much going on in march. April would be great. May is a no go also, I have the baby do the second weekend.

Not so sure of trails in Utah, I have however been to Coral Pink. I don't know what all there is for trucks though. Jeff just got back from WOR in Sand Hollow. Care to chime in Jeff?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Personally I have too much going on in march. April would be great. May is a no go also, I have the baby do the second weekend.

Not so sure of trails in Utah, I have however been to Coral Pink. I don't know what all there is for trucks though. Jeff just got back from WOR in Sand Hollow. Care to chime in Jeff?
There is a crap load of trials in Sand Hollow! I signed up on Utah 4x4 fourm, and the people seem to always have someone to be a guide. Jeff (our Trail Guide) said to just post up and someone will be there to guide you. The trails vary from dirt trails, Dunes, to the hard core! It is called "Mini Moab" for a reason.. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
There is a crap load of trials in Sand Hollow! I signed up on Utah 4x4 fourm, and the people seem to always have someone to be a guide. Jeff (our Trail Guide) said to just post up and someone will be there to guide you. The trails vary from dirt trails, Dunes, to the hard core! It is called "Mini Moab" for a reason.. :)
Sweet! Thanks. Sorry I had to call you out....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm will try and make this trip for sure. I've wanted to check out up there for awhile. I'm helping Dwreck on sat march 24 so that weekend won't work for me but that's all I really have planned so far.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I would like to try and make this multi- day trail run W/ you guy's. Let's see if we can negotiate the details.
ps. This message brought to you Ambein.:)

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Just to share this with you....and maybe work around my trip. Our 8th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road Trip is.....well, Easter weekend!!
Easter this year falls on April 8. So....this will be April 6, 7 and 8 (three day Easter Weekend!)

I'll start posting info about it pretty soon, and getting my permit from the National Park Service. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to share this with you....and maybe work around my trip. Our 8th Annual NVTTORA Easter Mojave Road Trip is.....well, Easter weekend!!
I had forgotten about this, but I do remember you bringing it up on the Burro Wash run a while back. I definitely want to go, the Mojave Road is a good time. I will likely only have time/funds for one long distance over-nighter trip in the near future. I'm trying to save up for Moab and an AP bumper before Moab. Maybe I'll push this SW Utah idea to this summer/fall, and just plan a day run between now and Easter.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I had forgotten about this, but I do remember you bringing it up on the Burro Wash run a while back. I definitely want to go, the Mojave Road is a good time. I will likely only have time/funds for one long distance over-nighter trip in the near future. I'm trying to save up for Moab and an AP bumper before Moab. Maybe I'll push this SW Utah idea to this summer/fall, and just plan a day run between now and Easter.

I also can only go on some many trips this year...my two major ones will both be my Easter and September Mojave Road trips!!!
I hope you can go. Easter weekend is April 6-8 2012.
Peace!!! :xpimp:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Buy my AP. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts

Here it is........http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2269947#post2269947

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
April works better for me Andrew. Post up some dates your thinking.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I never know my availability till about one week out, but I do want to go. So yeah Andrew, do you have a weekend that you are leaning towards?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never know my availability till about one week out, but I do want to go. So yeah Andrew, do you have a weekend that you are leaning towards?
Sorry guys I've been debating on when to do this run for a while, my work schedule has been all over the place. How does everyone feel about the weekend of March 24-25th? I'd like to take advantage of the nice temperature while it lasts. Just a reminder this is two weeks before Robert's 2 day mojave road trip which I am definitely also attending. I will post up route/trail details on the next post.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Sorry guys I've been debating on when to do this run for a while, my work schedule has been all over the place. How does everyone feel about the weekend of March 24-25th? I'd like to take advantage of the nice temperature while it lasts. Just a reminder this is two weeks before Robert's 2 day mojave road trip which I am definitely also attending. I will post up route/trail details on the next post.

Hey Andrew....our 7th Annual Easter Mojave trip is actually a three day trip! Be glad to see you attend! Please also post up on the planning thread.....will start the list soon, and need to keep tabs on how many are coming....although my National Park Service permit is up to 20 trucks and 40 people........We have actually had that many before....so I always go big now.....just in case!! :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Andrew....our 7th Annual Easter Mojave trip is actually a three day trip! Be glad to see you attend! Please also post up on the planning thread.....will start the list soon, and need to keep tabs on how many are coming....although my National Park Service permit is up to 20 trucks and 40 people........We have actually had that many before....so I always go big now.....just in case!! :p
My mistake. I will post up on the upcoming thread. I'm about to switch this over to an upcoming thread as well, I just haven't solidified the route yet.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
My mistake. I will post up on the upcoming thread. I'm about to switch this over to an upcoming thread as well, I just haven't solidified the route yet.

No worries!!! :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I just realized that the SoCal Desert Rendezvous being scheduled on Expedition Portal is scheduled for the weekend of March 23rd-25th. I'd like to attend this if it isn't incredibly far away, the location hasn't been announced yet. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/73109-SoCal-Desert-Rendezvous-2012

I'm going to officially pull the plug on a March Utah trip. Considering the upcoming Mojave road trip and the Moab takeover a month afterwards, I need to be saving dough for travel costs and the remaining work to be done on the tacoma. Also since I bought Derek's AP bumper my existing truck/trip funds have been depleted.

We could do a day run up to the wheeler's pass area or rocky gap over the next couple weekends if there is interest.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts