TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried to fix the plastic dash creaks and or rattles in their truck besides shoving a hat up where the dash meets the windshield?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Insulation...either tube or square profile...1 inch cross sectional sized.
Then stuff it into the crevice between the windshield and dash.
Worked for me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I stuffed gray foam backer rod the entire length of the dash in the void where where the dash meets the windshield. It stopped the dash rattle and it is nearly impossible to see since it is tucked in there really far. Just be sure you don't obstruct your vin number with whatever you use.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I can't hear mine 'cause I ignore that now.

turn the radio up and you'll hear it less

the bandaide fixes are easier then pulling the dash out ;) :2cents:

punctured tennis ball works for ever changing locations :p

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Measure the dash and get enough 1/4" fuel line to cover the whole crack between the dash and windshield. Shove it in there and cut to fit. It will squeeze farther down in parts where there aren't clips, so you'll notice the wavy thick rubber line in there for a while, but it looks clean enough that most people won't notice. Just face the lettering on the line out of sight. 1/4" rubber fuel line is super thick so we'll see how well it holds up during heat. So far so good. Thanks to Supraman for the recommendation on that.

Cost me like 4 bucks for a length of line. Just get Autozone or wherever to cut enough length for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts