1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before:

After:

to fix the scratches:

* i heated the plastic areas with a blowdryer (full blast).
* i kept the blowdryer as close to the plastic as i could with out touching the area.
* every 20-30 seconds check the area, see if it is hot, and rub your finger over the scratches with firm presure.
* repeat untill scratch is either gone or significantly better

for the deeper scratches:

* instead of using finger, rub your finger nail over the scratch

make sure you dont heat the plastic up too much, in one area i did a little too much, and flattened out the roughness of the plastics grain.

when you heat plastic it tends to get shiny, but when i did it, its very unnoticeable unless you get up close and personal.

if you guys have any other questions, about how i did it, or if you need to fix your own scratches, let me know ill help as best as i can. thanks!

·
Registered
347 Posts
That's a great idea...need to try that one..thanx

·
Registered
68 Posts
interesting. how did you power up the blow dryer? extension cord?
I Think he plugged it into his bellybutton and it worked... haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting. how did you power up the blow dryer? extension cord?
hmm, are you seroius? well if you are.. i parked (where i always park) in front of my garage, and ran a extension cord from the garage to my truck.. simple.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
haha, good trick, i'll have to try it!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Are the electric belly buttons innies or outies???...:lmao:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I gotta try this one. I have too many scratches to count

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I gotta try this one. I have too many scratches to count
thats exactly what mine are from... my buddies computer was in the back, and some how put scratches EVERYWHERE.. and i dont even know how it got in a few places.. and yes, i know it should be in the cheap tricks, but wasnt sure if it should be under interior.. so i just decided to do one of them.. the mods can decide if they should be put in some other place:p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
coolness i wounder if a heat gun is over kill
it would. my blowdryer melted a part just a little too much, and i lost some of the roughness of the plastic, so there is a part about the size of a nickle that looks flat (but still unoticeable unless pointed out)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts