TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the problem. I recently installed the Fabtech 6" on my 95.5 v6 Tacoma. I drove it around for a few weeks and had no problems with the brakes other than the stock rubber lines were too short. I installed the ProComp extended steel braided lines and ever since then my brakes only work intermittently. I bled them numerous times, even replaced the master cylinder thinking maybe it just happened to go bad at the same time I did the lift. Same result. So I went and put my stock lines back on and bled the front brakes. Still no difference.

The brakes are firm when the truck is off and at startup. Sometimes I'll be driving down the road and they'll be firm and work just fine, but then sometimes they'll go all the way to the floor. So when I'm driving on the road they work properly about 50% of the time. However, when I'm offroading and driving very slow they almost always go straight to the floor.

Only possibilities I can think of is the brake booster or maybe a vacuum leak somewhere. Dunno, I'm stumped.

-Adam
NMTTORA

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking the problem is deeper than that, especially considering the master cylinder was professionally done and the system was flushed, new fluid added and then bled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts