TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Master "Yota"
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone every tried the Staun Internal Bead Lock? Good/Bad? They look pretty cool, and was wondering if they are DOT approved.

·
Registered
135 Posts
there was a thread on here about a month ago on those.....i dont think anyone around here is running them yet....try to search for the tread, it might have some info for you

·
Registered
169 Posts
tbrown said:
Anyone every tried the Staun Internal Bead Lock? Good/Bad? They look pretty cool, and was wondering if they are DOT approved.
Are you afraid that the cops are going to cut your tire apart and write you a ticket?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Either Peterson's or 4Wheeler magazine had an article comparing them to a conventional beadlock this month. During their testing they were unable to break a bead with the Staun, but did lose one on the conventional. Don't remember if they mentioned being DOT approved or not, but I think the second valve stem is a lot less obvious than a big ring bolted on the outside of the rim. They did say it could be used to get you off the trail or down the road a ways if you have a flat. Looks like a good idea to me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I looked into them and they are very expensive and I have yet to find a dealer that carries them. Dealer cost is at least 200.00 each. They are DOT approved and you can supposedly run a ways on the street with your tire completely flat.

·
Registered
836 Posts
$200 each!!! Ouch!!! That's more than I'd be willing to pay for wheels, especially any wheel that I'd be using for offroad-beadlock application. Weekend warriors need not apply!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
BLT2RCKTRD said:
Are you afraid that the cops are going to cut your tire apart and write you a ticket?

what is this guy talking about, in all my life i have never heard of a police officer cutting open someones tire just to check to see if they are DOT approved. i hope he dosen't pursue a career in law enforcement, if so goodyear is going to make a killing. :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts