·
Registered
4,982 Posts
well, heres the only pic we have so far of the "Brooke Mobile" LOL

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Just out of curiosity what prompted vman to sell it? Anyhow I'm glad to hear ya got another toyota in the family. :)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Just out of curiosity what prompted vman to sell it? Anyhow I'm glad to hear ya got another toyota in the family. :)
he got fed up with it when he was here last and worked on it for two days, he said," you know anybody that wants a 4runner?"

then My exwife told the kids they couldnt buy Mark Swopes 4runner that was lifted and had 35's so i told Mike about it and walla

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
i was stumped and couldnt get my brain around why it wouldnt try to start, then last weekend my Mom asked me if i had run a compression test DUH :banghead:

when we did we found
#1. 0 psi
#2. 0 psi
#3. 0 psi
#4. 40 psi

:doh:

so after adjusting the severely over tightened valve adjusters, it fired right up:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
It sucks to hear he could get so easily fustrated. I do understand though. Nothing about this stuff comes easy, ya have to work at it. I'm glad to hear it worked out good for your daughter. :cool:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
It sucks to hear he could get so easily fustrated. I do understand though. Nothing about this stuff comes easy, ya have to work at it. I'm glad to hear it worked out good for your daughter. :cool:
thanks, yea he didnt want to give up and for the life of me i dont know why it never hit me OR him to run a compression check. and the 4runner he bought from Mark has terminal cancer :( so much so i told him i would get Colton and my daughter and maybe Zack to help me move the motor and transmission onto the white parts runner

·
Registered
37 Posts
hey every one glen is my father in law and ive been drivn the runner all week and i love it never thought id own a toyota but i always wanted 1 now that i got one i love it i think its got a slight miss but i really dont know anything about 4 cyclinder motors im used to v8s so im gonna get glen to check it out but other than that its runing good

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
hey every one glen is my father in law and ive been drivn the runner all week and i love it never thought id own a toyota but i always wanted 1 now that i got one i love it i think its got a slight miss but i really dont know anything about 4 cyclinder motors im used to v8s so im gonna get glen to check it out but other than that its runing good
i've got to research that afm mod more, i think it will be pretty easy to do, then changing the exhaust from that single tube to the twin tube will help A LOT

gotta get those brackets off the roof too

·
Registered
11 Posts
New guy here, i've been a member of the board for awhile but only just lurking. I have a 80 toyota 4x4 20r 4sp, i just recently rebuilt the head and added a header and new exhaust to the truck. I will rebuilding the front axle soon if i can find anyone to the help me here in tulsa ok. I've never really worked on a axle before. i've been told it easy but i would still like someone there for pointers. I orded my kit from marlin so it should be here soon. I'm using this truck to stock my garage with tools, easier to explain to the wife that i need a need tool to fix this part. lol She hates this truck but i love working on it, it lets me do things that i've always wanted to learn to do. Not sure where i'm plan to really take this truck but i have a 2-L52 trannys one for parts i think not sure whats wrong with it, another transfer case-might go dual cases or sell it, stock front springs mine are shot and two new fenders and hood so far to install.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
sweet skin6061, welcome to the club. we have numerous members in northwest Arkansas and a growing population in eastern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
what do u mean this thread is worthless without pics? i sent u some to post
I'm gonna start you a new thread so we dont clog this "new member" thread up now that you have 8 posts :D

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
we wont hold being friends with Faber against ya :p

261 - 280 of 406 Posts