TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i havent posted any pics on here since i got it.
Is a 99 Sport 4.0 SOHC. 4x4, for 4.10's with the Ford 8.8 rear.
The side steps are off since the pics.

Plans for it are:
2-3" lift, 31's or 32's, sliders. In that order once i have the money

·
Registered
228 Posts
I Am sorry

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
So i havent posted any pics on here since i got it.
Is a 99 Sport 4.0 SOHC. 4x4, for 4.10's with the Ford 8.8 rear.
The side steps are off since the pics.

Plans for it are:
2-3" lift, 31's or 32's, sliders. In that order once i have the money
31's should pretty much fit stock. Check out www.explorer4x4.com and look up the "torsion twist". Pretty popular to get a couple inches out of the suspension, with either and AAL or shackle in the back (Warrior Shackle is most popular, part WAR153, alot of people get it from desertrat.com

I used to have an explorer so I know a decent bit about em.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The funny thing is you can't even rent a U-haul trailer if you have an explorer... they WILL NOT rent trailers to be towed with them.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
The funny thing is you can't even rent a U-haul trailer if you have an explorer... they WILL NOT rent trailers to be towed with them.
It's a firestone tire issue Andrew! :neener:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
31's should pretty much fit stock. Check out www.explorer4x4.com and look up the "torsion twist". Pretty popular to get a couple inches out of the suspension, with either and AAL or shackle in the back (Warrior Shackle is most popular, part WAR153, alot of people get it from desertrat.com

I used to have an explorer so I know a decent bit about em.
That was my plan. and some cragar soft 8's

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Start saving money for the upper and lower ball joints. They ALWAYS have to be replaced. The uppers are the entire upper control arm. When I worked at bear alignment, every Exploder that came in the door needed uppers and possibly lowers. 1500 in repairs. Granted that's shop costs but the Ball joints aren't cheap. Find some greaseable ones, I suggest MOOG brand they are a very reliable suspension part manufacturer.

Great to see you are getting out there. No matter what you are driving. That's what it's all about. Don't let these guys give you too much grief about it either. Exploders are almost Rangers and Rangers are very capable rigs:kewl:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here a pic at Pole Hill, without the side steps. It did way better than i expected.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Honestly, we could probably get it up there.... It's pretty stock friendly if you're careful with the right lines.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Nate, you are bringing the civic right:cool:
Cmon man, you shouldn't of even asked!

With my whopping 1.25" of ground clearance, slicks, and absolutely NO suspension travel. I'll outwheel even the most built rigs in the civic. That shit owns ALL on the trails of Colorado.

Beware of the civic near you.

:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts