TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know these phone came out 2 months ago. But anybody in TTORA got iPhone 6 or 6+? My iPhone 6 was delivered to my home last Friday. But I had problems activating my iPhone, so I went to local AT&T Corperate Store to have somebody check it out. Apparently the sim card in phone was not activated, (I could have just switched out nano sim from my old iPhone 5, but I did not have sim tool, or small enough paper clip, needle didn't work) rep activated sim card and BAM, problem solved!:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got one for work a couple of weeks ago and I honestly don't understand the hype of the iPhone. Its a simple smartphone and I feel my 1.5 year old HTC One is just as good if not better. You'd probably be better off getting last years HTC One of Samsung Galaxy S4 and save yourself a ton of money and have more functionality. Have you had a recent Android device to compare this with? I always heard about how the iPhone had an iSheep following but i always stayed on the sidelines because i never had experience with one. But now I can totally see where some people are coming from. Its not a better phone than an Android but its not a bad phone at all. I've had colleagues try to tell me their Iphone is better but never can they tell me about a feature that their phones has that mine doesn't.

Sorry didn't mean to shoot your thread down but just wondering if you've had experience with a newer Android device (thats not from a crap manufaturer).

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I got one for work a couple of weeks ago and I honestly don't understand the hype of the iPhone. Its a simple smartphone and I feel my 1.5 year old HTC One is just as good if not better. You'd probably be better off getting last years HTC One of Samsung Galaxy S4 and save yourself a ton of money and have more functionality. Have you had a recent Android device to compare this with? I always heard about how the iPhone had an iSheep following but i always stayed on the sidelines because i never had experience with one. But now I can totally see where some people are coming from. Its not a better phone than an Android but its not a bad phone at all. I've had colleagues try to tell me their Iphone is better but never can they tell me about a feature that their phones has that mine doesn't.

Sorry didn't mean to shoot your thread down but just wondering if you've had experience with a newer Android device (thats not from a crap manufaturer).
No problem. May I ask what iPhone you got for work? Clarify, I bought my iPhone 6 for personal use, and I'm not telling iPhones are better than Android devices, honestly, (don't take this wrong way) I don't care what phones people have. I'm more familiar with iPhones and iOS and no, never tried out newer Android devices. But I have question, do newer Androids have something similar to Facetime, you know make visual calls between iOS devices? Get people that always want to get new iPhones that comes out, now that is really crazy!:D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Shoulda got a Galaxy. ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shoulda got a Galaxy. ;)
I have an HTC One as a work phone and would NEVER recommend HTC to anyone...ever. My personal phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 and works great.
I see Samsung making new phones like Apple, there is Galaxy S5 first, than iPhone 6, but I'm not going into iPhone vs. Galaxy. I know when the iPhone first came out, it did not support text and multi media service. As for my iPhone 6, I bought it for myself for early Christmas present, and like it!:D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have an HTC One as a work phone and would NEVER recommend HTC to anyone...ever. My personal phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 and works great.
I had an HTC Evo 3D before my current Galaxy S3 and I didn't like it much comparatively speaking. I only have a Galaxy S3 right now, but it does everything so well in comparison to my EVO and I'm able to charge it using wireless induction right through a thick Ballistic case without having to plug the thing into the wall ever (simply by adding in a $9 QI receiver sticker) or even be able to swap batteries if I need power on-the-go without downtime of charging. The battery life (when tuned the way I have it now) is also pretty decent with the stock battery considering the size of the phone even with decent use throughout the day.

I like how easy it is to root Android as well since I'm a professional software developer and love to tinker with stuff and not be handcuffed too much by the idiot-guards of most OS's.

I really would love to get a Galaxy S5 because it's waterproof, has better battery life, better screen, and infrared, but I just don't need it yet since my current phone easily does everything and anything that I realistically need it to do.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, but I should have asked this from the start. So what network carrier are you on for your cell phone, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile? How are the service in your local, if I may ask?:D

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Thanks for the replies, but I should have asked this from the start. So what network carrier are you on for your cell phone, AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile? How are the service in your local, if I may ask?:D
Sprint for me but through Virgin Mobil. Service used to suck balls about 4 years ago but is awesome now everywhere in my state with LTE coverage coming to areas that didn't previously have it more and more by the week. Sprint is not as good as far as coverage as AT&T or Verizon, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and they don't seem to pull as much BS. $35 a month for me is worth it considering I get LTE coverage almost everywhere I go. If you live out in the real distant boondocks, you'll probably have to go with Verizon and possibly AT&T.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sprint for me but through Virgin Mobil. Service used to suck balls about 4 years ago but is awesome now everywhere in my state with LTE coverage coming to areas that didn't previously have it more and more by the week. Sprint is not as good as far as coverage as AT&T or Verizon, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper and they don't seem to pull as much BS. $35 a month for me is worth it considering I get LTE coverage almost everywhere I go. If you live out in the real distant boondocks, you'll probably have to go with Verizon and possibly AT&T.
In my locale, it's either AT&T or Verizon, I don't know about Sprint. It's common knowledge Sprint has unlimited data, while AT&T will grandfather unlimited data to it's customers. But fawk Verizon, they require their customers with unlimited data, if they buy new smartphone, and want keep unlimited data, pay full price for shit. Including myself, most of my friends are on AT&T, which their LTE service came online September of last year. I used to be on Verizon, but customer service at their local Corperate Store, really don't care for it.:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts