TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 30g video (the big one not the nano) size and I was wondering if people could post pics of how they mounted theirs up since I play mine through the cassette player or if there's some super-nifty holders out there people have used and liked. Thanks in advance, sorry it's not too "techy" ;)

-Tweeter
 

·
---------------
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Hey Tweeter!

I Don't have any pics, but I can tell you how I mounted mine and see if you can get the visual. I bought a case from Apple called an iSkin, it has a clip on the back of it and I clipped it to front of that pocket on the small console with the cig lighters in it. I eventually plan on mounting it either in the glove box or center console since my stereo controls the iPod.

If you want some pics, I take some later and post them up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
The website listed below makes vehicle specific mounts. Click on the VSM link (VSMs currently available) when the webpage opens and select the make of your vehicle and it will bring up a list. Also, you can purchase Pro.Fit products through Crutchfield.com for just a little bit cheaper. After you purchase the mount, you have to buy the iPod holder seperate.

Pro.Fit webpage:
http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/vsm.html

Crutchfield website with all types of mounts and etc.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gkvCc7jgA5k/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=227650&avf=Y

Hopefully this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, pics would be helpful I'm not much of great learner with writing. I have like a plastic case for it but there's not a clip or anything. I'm just tired of having to look down at my center console everytime I want to chage something, also I don't want it all over my truck once I hit dirt. Thanks Clover!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I don't need a charger I have that, I just want to mount it up SECURELY to my dash plain and simple. Thanks for the input so far it's greatly appreciated.
 

·
---------------
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
No problem Tweeter -

Check out Best Buy and those kinds of places. They have a universal backet that installs in the crevice (sp?) in the dash and allows you to run any wires you need, etc. I see if I can find it on the net and send it to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4xClover said:
No problem Tweeter -

Check out Best Buy and those kinds of places. They have a universal backet that installs in the crevice (sp?) in the dash and allows you to run any wires you need, etc. I see if I can find it on the net and send it to you.
Hmm haven't seen any there, but I tend to stay away from those places around here. Too many emo kids hopped up on coffee and sugar in the ipod section and they frighten me :lmao: I'll take a pa-rooze through their site and see what I can find, if they have them that'd be ideal, thanks again!
 

·
---------------
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Tweeter said:
Hmm haven't seen any there, but I tend to stay away from those places around here. Too many emo kids hopped up on coffee and sugar in the ipod section and they frighten me :lmao: I'll take a pa-rooze through their site and see what I can find, if they have them that'd be ideal, thanks again!
Check out www.crutchfield.com also - they have a pretty good selection of mounts that don't include chargers and/or FM transmitters. So far, I haven't been able to find the one I was talking about.

Good luck dodging the emos! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
4xClover said:
Check out www.crutchfield.com also - they have a pretty good selection of mounts that don't include chargers and/or FM transmitters. So far, I haven't been able to find the one I was talking about.

Good luck dodging the emos! :D
Yea I have a cassette adapter thingy and a separate car charger my mom gave me for christmas so I just have to figure out how to mount the damn thing LOL. I had no problem with a CB but this seems to be a challenge haha. No worries I work right by one I'll swing by on my way home and see if they have any, and I'll do my best no to get felt up by pretty boys in tight pants :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
If you don't have a case yet you should get one. Mine has a clip on the back. This mount I made and it just clips on to it.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
I found one of the Pro-Fit mounts on eBay for about 10 bucks. You should check there, might get lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
They are double female connectors. Just drilled some holes and glued them in there with some epoxy. My head unit has an aux input. That's what is plugged into the other side. Oh yeah, availible at your local Radio Shack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
I've got the Pro-Fit miGrip.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/migrip/

Didn't have to buy any other pieces. Mounted it to the dash just to the left of the vents. There is a space that is used on 4x4s for a keyed switch (airbags maybe??). Turns out the mounting holes in the Pro-fit are exactly the same width as the holes on the dash. I added a 3/4" piece of plywood painted black between it and the dash. Works great.

Easier reach than the pro-fit VSM mount. You can also hide the wires behind the panel while you are putting it all together.

I will get some pics this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
Tweeter,

I have the shuffle (old somewhat bigger one) and also run it thru my cassette player (works for me). I just have it sent on my seat or lap, but I guess you want another solution. My solution is cost effective though! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jon_7248 said:
Tweeter,

I have the shuffle (old somewhat bigger one) and also run it thru my cassette player (works for me). I just have it sent on my seat or lap, but I guess you want another solution. My solution is cost effective though! :D
I have that solution now and it's great for on-road but once I hit the whoops who knows where it will end up! :eek:
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top