TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a bit of an issue with my irrigation system that I simply cannot figure out. I have a typical control panel that controls three valves. Those three valves feed the three zones around my house. Recently I decided to change the run times and start times. I thought I did it right, but all of a sudden I noticed it was running twice a day. It would start at the prescribed time, but then it also kicked back on around noon. I reset the control panel, but that didn't fix the issue. I unplugged it and removed the battery, then set it to run once a day. It still turned on twice. So, I went to home depot and bought a new controller and programmed it to start at 8am for 30 minutes for each zone. Very basic controller, nothing fancy. I noticed that the system is still running twice a day, starting again around noon:confused: WTF is going on? The only thing I can think is that there might be a problem with the valves and a low voltage surge might be triggering the valves to open on their own, but that doesn't explain whey it is at the same time each day, and has done the same thing with both controllers.

I am at a complete loss since the sytem is very straight forward. There is something controlling the valves around noon, regardless of the controller. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I have used drip systems for years, and have installed several over the years, but this has me lost. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol, Stroke called and explained to me the problem he had, and it was the same issue I was having. My controller has three programs and those will control 4 different zones. I turned off programs B and C and left A on. In the A program I set the first three zones to run for 30 minutes, and the last zone for zero. Well, apparently the controller was watering each zone three times on a stacked program. I figured it out and will not see another $120 water bill. This damn thing was putting me in the poor house.
Thanks Stroke, I owe you a few tall cold ones!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts