TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this alot of money for a 96 v/6 4x4 ext cab??

Thanks guys. Theres not many around my area forsale. If they are there gone quick!! Again thank you for looking. Awesome site here. I have been reading lots of info. I have a 94 4x4 ext cab 22re 5sp 149,000 miles with rebuild around 130,00 due too a bad crank seal problem. Need a v/6 for towing my sleds. Thanks guys.

96 that i am looking at

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
nhsledding said:
Thanks guys. Theres not many around my area forsale. If they are there gone quick!! Again thank you for looking. Awesome site here. I have been reading lots of info. I have a 94 4x4 ext cab 22re 5sp 149,000 miles with rebuild around 130,00 due too a bad crank seal problem. Need a v/6 for towing my sleds. Thanks guys.

96 that i am looking at
you can always go to the kelly blue book link (sorry I can't find my link right now in my favorites folder)

but they will give you prices for resale, retail, and I believe trade in value on anything you are looking for. It's a formula site but fairly accurate

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I checked the kbb, nada. They say 8215.00 Retail ,6255 for private, 4590 for trade in. There about 500 under retail. There is a also a used 99 v/6 auto ext cab 4x4 in town private sale for 11800.00. has 77k on that one. With a cap. Might look at that also.

Anything too look out for with that many miles on the V/6? Anything else with the tacomas? I am use too the 94 and below trucks myself. How are automatics? Sorry for all the ?'s

Going too go check it out next couple days.

Sucks also because they had a black 97 SR5 v/6 ext cab 4x4 5-spd a month ago for 9995. had 52000 miles on it. Sold same day they got it!!! They get alot of them from auctions down in Mass and NJ the guy said. They have a free car fax on them also.

Pretty legit place seems like??

Thanks guys,
Eric

·
Registered
119 Posts
nhsledding said:
Yeah I checked the kbb, nada. They say 8215.00 Retail ,6255 for private, 4590 for trade in. There about 500 under retail. There is a also a used 99 v/6 auto ext cab 4x4 in town private sale for 11800.00. has 77k on that one. With a cap. Might look at that also.

Anything too look out for with that many miles on the V/6? Anything else with the tacomas? I am use too the 94 and below trucks myself. How are automatics? Sorry for all the ?'s

Sucks also because they had a black 97 SR5 v/6 ext cab 4x4 5-spd a month ago for 9995. had 52000 miles on it. Sold same day they got it!!! They get alot of them from auctions down in Mass and NJ the guy said. They have a free car fax on them also.

Thanks guys,
Eric

If you can wait on another one, just talk to your salesman about what you are looking for and tell em you will buy if they can find what you want. They may do that for you to get your business.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would think that would be a good price for a tacoma since they will run forever. A buddy of mine sold his 98 that had 140 on it for around that but it had been abused and it was showing it. That one looks pretty good. Like above if it is is good condition and everything works like it is supposed to, you will have a great truck on your hands.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
nhsledding said:

Thanks guys,
Eric
Eric, I looked back on the thread but I did not see you list how many miles the '97 has on it.

But if you are under retail on it, I would seriously look at. I have '97 myself V6 yada yada yada. I have over 160K on it, put a supercharger on it at 130K and the only problems I have had with it {knock on wood} is with the starter and MAF. I replaced the starter and the MAF is attributed to putting the K&N FIPK on it when I first got it. My truck and engine are both extremely strong in my eyes.

As long as it does not show signs of abuse, I would seriously consider it, if it were me.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
nhsledding said:
Ulitmately only you can decide if you are going to purchase that truck or not. But looking over the written description I would be very interested if it were my decision.

good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
Bear
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing