TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a trd 4x4 manual with locking differntial but it turns off after like 5-10 mph or somethingand and only works in 4low. is there away to push the button and keep it on like the prerunners.

·
Registered
102 Posts
even with the gray wire mod complete, is it safe for both yourself and your truck to lock ur wheels up and drive? can i blow something out? will the dealer kick my ass when i blow something ansd they see a grounded grey wire? thanks.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I've taken mine up to 60+mph locked...
As far as dealer issues, they probably wouldn't like to see their wires grounded to each other. But I never have issues since the truck isn't under warrantee. hehe

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
playaz0429 said:
even with the gray wire mod complete, is it safe for both yourself and your truck to lock ur wheels up and drive? can i blow something out? will the dealer kick my ass when i blow something ansd they see a grounded grey wire? thanks.
toyota made it only work to save themselves from lawsuits brought on by idiots who left the locker on at high speeds on the road...where a locked axle can be interesting. I have had them search through all the wiring down there to figure out what kept causing my tail light/gauge cluster fuse to blow and they never noticed the grey wire mod

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
hell i tried to show toyota that i had the E diff locker in mine since it wasnt locking and the light on the dash was blinking, they said only the landcruiser has lockers on it, so i think ur fine

99 "TRD with rear locker" xcb

·
Registered
102 Posts
i have found that the dealers are frigging morons, they told me that i couldnt aim my headlights cause they were fixed from the factory. theres a friggin bolt right on the bottom, ugh.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Gadget said:
Yes there is.

Do a search for "gray wire mod".

You got the link to that web site on "Grey wire mod"? :xcrazy:

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can drive over 5 MPH but are you sure that's such a good idea? You wouldn't want to accidentally leave the locker on and be driving down a wet windy road and end up in the drink with some pissed-off sand sharks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you get on pavement w/ the locker on and take a turn, you'll be instantly reminded that your locker is on by the noises your tires start making. In a turn an open rear end allows the outside tire in the turn to spin faster than the inside tire whereas when they are locked they can only go the same speed, so when you turn on pavement the tires start squallin where the inside tire wants to be going slower than the outside tire. Problem gets worse the sharper the turn, so on a windy road you'd really know...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
yeah i've left mine on a few times and as soon as you hit the pavement you realize that it's still on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts