TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Toyota folks,
I have been having issues with my fab tech 6”lift. I go through week bearings like a dirty pair of socks. Is it possible to get rid of the 6” lift and maybe take it down to only 2”. I’m in inland empire so if anyone knows a shop that can help I would really appreciate it.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,697 Posts
If your wheel bearings are going bad, you probably have rims or spacers that push the wheel a bit too far offset from center. Got some pics of your setup?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your wheel bearings are going bad, you probably have rims or spacers that push the wheel a bit too far offset from center. Got some pics of your setup?
I believe there is no spacers. Tires are 33x 12.5 x 15

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had that same lift kit and was experiencing the same thing. The fab tech shocks made the ride quality horrible and the reason why I was having issues. One night, driving home my bearings came off the knuckle, and prior to that was breaking lug studs left and right. You cannot reduce the lift to 2 inches without removing the kit completely..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had that same lift kit and was experiencing the same thing. The fab tech shocks made the ride quality horrible and the reason why I was having issues. One night, driving home my bearings came off the knuckle, and prior to that was breaking lug studs left and right. You cannot reduce the lift to 2 inches without removing the kit completely..
Yeah everything I found on the lift people have removed it. So looks like I’m going to remove it and go to stock or a 2” lift. I don’t want anything so high anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts