TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A junk yard right by my house is selling what I think is a stock 85 4wd toyota pickup (22RE with straight axle!) w/15x,xxx miles. The interior is completely stripped except for the seats and console/dash, some wire strung across the floor. The engine has the intake manifold off and it looks like 2 fuel injectors are missing, as the fuel rail was pulled out of position. It looks like it had a plow setup. Most of the panels from the interior are in the bed along with the intake maifold and the throttlebody. The truck body is great, doesn't look rusty, the frame has rust but no holes. The exhaust looks new but cheap. Anyway, the guy at the salvage yard wants $900 and is selling the section that he sells cars that run. The condition that it's in, it seems that it doesn't run. Is what he's asking worth it. I thought that was high for a truck that didn't even run (what other problems I don't know) If your not sure, what should I look for? I want my buddy to get something like it because he is going to school to be a mechanic and wants to work for toyota.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It might be worth its weight in gold to your buddy who is training to be a tech, but just remember, whatever you pay outright for it you have to add your time and additional funds to get it up and running to that price and THEN figure out if its worth it. I don't care what he says, that thing is going to suck up a couple thousand dollars in pretty short order if you want to get it prime again. Good luck and happy decision-making.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's just the thing, I don't know if everything is there in the bed of the truck and if anything is wrong. I really don't want to ask that guy at the autowrecker place because, you know they're the crooked type who give you attitude, and interest might make him want more $. It has been sitting there for 3 months now so I think if you put money on the table, he would take it. If it was me and I had the money I probably would be willing to invest $, as you have to w/anything. Also, here in Il, toyota pickups are rare.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts