TTORA Forum banner

Is SETO affordable to you?

• No matter what I always have trouble coming up with the funds.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I have to eat sardines for a few weeks, but manage to find the funds.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • SETO is reasonably affordable, I usually have the money.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • SETO is very affordable, I always have the funds.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • SETO is inexpensive, I'll pickup everyones tab next year.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is objective, based on fact, do you or don't you struggle to come up with the cost for SETO? (i admit this could be taken as subjective, but let's say it's not)

Again, anonymous results.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm in-between the sardines and reasonably affordable, but that's mainly because I'm a college student (no time), who's engaged (payment). So I guess I brought it on myself huh? haha. But after school I'm sure my vote would be different.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
You get alot for what you pay for IMHO. Yes its more expensive than when we used to wheel years and years ago but you got to understand eveything is getting higher and nothing is free. Times are changing, you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i voted for "I have trouble coming up with the funds no matter what." i only say this because at this point in my life i do. for some reason other things come up during the summer that i have to pay for, and being in school, it is hard to work enough to make a decent amount of money.

for example, i need a new clutch, tires, and have about $400 in books to pay for for this fall semester. plus factor in the gas spent driving up there paying the $80-90 for the event and driving back. plus factoring the 2 days off of work that i would take off to make it and the money lost there. ...it adds up real quick.

however, i dont imagine it will be hard to do next year when i am graduated and have a grown up job.

i will also add that, seto is my favorite event of the year and i try my best to make it. some years its just not in the cards unfortunately

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
P.s. for those who legitimately have issues paying for the event and have talked to me about it -- you can vouch for the fact that I try my best to make the event work for you. Approach us, let us know whats going on, we would rather someone be at the event than sitting at home. If you don't talk to us about it, consider it your own fault that you don't make it!

Wanna come but don't want to eat the saturday dinner? Lemme know when you register and take the $15 off the price -- Really don't want a shirt? Take off $15 for that too.

We very well could go back to a 'Per Piece' aka A'La Carte menu like we had the first year in Monteagle. The package just makes it cheaper if you register early, which works best for us, and you!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i do like the option to pay less less if you are just riding one day and not the whole weeked. that is what i will probably do since i have plans sunday anyways

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I voted option 2. I like sardines. I also manage the money.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
for example, i need a new clutch, tires, and have about $400 in books to pay for for this fall semester. plus factor in the gas spent driving up there paying the $80-90 for the event and driving back. plus factoring the 2 days off of work that i would take off to make it and the money lost there. ...it adds up real quick.

i will also add that, seto is my favorite event of the year and i try my best to make it. some years its just not in the cards unfortunately
you need to start renting books. seriously. Use Chegg and you will save hundreds of dollars, unless you like keeping your books

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I guess yall are doing these polls and questioning everything because the turn out seems to be low this year, but it just seems like this year has been rough for people. People still losing jobs, or if they have one, they are trying to work as much as possible. Add that with high gas prices and it makes things difficult. And as we can tell, it seems like every other member is getting married soon or just got married, creating a whole other kind of roadblock for going to SETO. Also, it seems like a lot of people have broken rigs or rig-less or different reasons. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
you need to start renting books. seriously. Use Chegg and you will save hundreds of dollars, unless you like keeping your books
yeah i thought about it, but i usually can find used ones online for a little more than renting them. plus i sell the books back and make back that difference. i probably come out better in the end by buying my books cheap then selling them to the bookstore. recently however, i have had friends sell me their books for cheaper than i could get them anywhere else and the get more for them selling them to me than the book store so its a win for everyone.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I guess yall are doing these polls and questioning everything because the turn out seems to be low this year, but it just seems like this year has been rough for people. People still losing jobs, or if they have one, they are trying to work as much as possible. Add that with high gas prices and it makes things difficult. And as we can tell, it seems like every other member is getting married soon or just got married, creating a whole other kind of roadblock for going to SETO. Also, it seems like a lot of people have broken rigs or rig-less or different reasons. just my :2cents:
Add 5 classes in with the job, wedding stuff, and Rig not running properly and you have my reasoning for only swinging by saturday probably.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
The event fees are not an issue.....its the darn fuel to get there / home
You got that right, I keep a spreadsheet of trips we go on to help monitor how much we're spending, and its absolutely ridiculous how much that has added to each trip as prices bounced up and down over the past 3 years ... I'm thinking of maybe putting some gas cards in the raffle for this year ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
GOT COPE?
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing