TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
609 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
Is the 9psi pulley any good with the s/c? What will it do performance wise?
I did the 2.2"(9lb) pulley from URD and it really woke it up. I have WI sitting in a box to install which will help it some more. Be weary of high EGT's and the need to retune the FTC unit. If you don not have any fuel upgrades I suggest to run the other way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
Is the 9psi pulley any good with the s/c? What will it do performance wise?
you can borrow mine if you want and see if you like it, if you dont have fuel mods it'll ping alot more, i drove the guys truck who makes them and he had 120K miles, all supercharger, 60k with the 2" pulley....after about 10 seconds i handed him the money, btw-he's on his 3rd clutch,

·
609 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
So if i get the Urd kit and the 2.2 pulley I should be alright?
That is what I run now with no problems other than high EGT's if I stay at WOT for more than 1 minute. By then I'm going too fast for the tires and the speed unlimiter has pegged. If you haven't already check out Gadget(URD's founder) website. He explains the need for the upgrades better than I can here. Gadgetonline.comcheck out my 4Runner link.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish I could but I am in germany right now. I will be back to utah in 11 months. So is the 9lb pulley from ebay the same as gadgets 2.2? Also don't they make those pulleys in Salt Lake? Does that throttle body spacer help out any from your profile pic?
Thanks

·
609 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
So is the the ebay pulley the same as the 2.2 from gadget?
Do you have a link? Gadgets is on the URD website and has a good picture of it there. There are several manufacturers out there so I caouldn't say for sure if it's his or a knock off.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i have the link but his is like three times as much and if this other one does the same thing that is what I want.

·
609 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
Yeah i have the link but his is like three times as much and if this other one does the same thing that is what I want.
I can understand that. URD's design has slots machined in it to prevent air from being trapped under the belt that will promote slipping. Other than that they will all be about the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Toyota4x4man said:
I wish I could but I am in germany right now. I will be back to utah in 11 months. So is the 9lb pulley from ebay the same as gadgets 2.2? Also don't they make those pulleys in Salt Lake? Does that throttle body spacer help out any from your profile pic?
Thanks
the 9lb pulley is a 2" pulley, wisctaco04 is right about the slippage, when i really get on it hard it does slip sometimes and you can feel it catch up, it only slips at WOT, but if you take a 1/2 sec before your foot hits the floor it keeps up fine, you can pick one up from the guy who makes them here in salt lake when you get back.....
about the spacer, i dont think it does too much, once you supercharge everything else is small potatoes, but it sounds pretty cool hissing in there while the charger wines and the muffler grumbles.....

·
Registered
731 Posts
boosted said:
the 9lb pulley is a 2" pulley, wisctaco04 is right about the slippage, when i really get on it hard it does slip sometimes and you can feel it catch up, it only slips at WOT, but if you take a 1/2 sec before your foot hits the floor it keeps up fine, you can pick one up from the guy who makes them here in salt lake when you get back.....
about the spacer, i dont think it does too much, once you supercharge everything else is small potatoes, but it sounds pretty cool hissing in there while the charger wines and the muffler grumbles.....
I just got lucky and got my tuck tuned by Brian Trager at URD. On the scan tool the 2.2 pulley from URD is 9.5 psi on the dot. The 2" pulley is 11psi. I don't have any slippage at all with the URD pulleys. I recommend them even though they cost more. Why would I want to go to the trouble of buying a pulley and changing it out if it slips and I have to play around with the throttle so it won't. It is your truck but if you are running a 2" pulley your are going beyond the rpm limitations of the blower. Also if you don't have WI at least with that pulley you are looking for trouble---I don't care how many miles the pulley maker has with it. IMO

Dave

100 Posts
Dave, if you come back to this site and link would you explain to a novice (me) what the URD 2.2 pulley does for performance. Is it reliable to the best of your knowledge? Would it be 10-4 to run Highway speeds to NY-Fl? I have TRD S/C, 7th, headers, cat-back and air filter. Thanks. Rich Use more gasoline?

·
Registered
731 Posts
REDMARLIN WITH SOUL said:
Dave, if you come back to this site and link would you explain to a novice (me) what the URD 2.2 pulley does for performance. Is it reliable to the best of your knowledge? Would it be 10-4 to run Highway speeds to NY-Fl? I have TRD S/C, 7th, headers, cat-back and air filter. Thanks. Rich Use more gasoline?
Redmartin, I replied to your post in the "V6 modifications options" thread. Read that first. The 2.2 pulley raises the boost psi to about 9.5 on most trucks. More boost (there is a point of diminishing returns if you go too far) with proper fuel equals more power. With the right setup the pulley is very reliable and I use it all the time. FIRST! you have to know where your truck is at as far AFR's. If you are going to run that pulley, you should tune for it. Since you can't tune the TRD 7th, you need the URD additional injector controller to be able to control the fuel. Though I don't have one, an EGT guage ia a good thing. In my opinion, to run smaller pulleys safely, a good water injection system is a good investment. My truck runs great, is not headed for self destruction, makes goobs of power, and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive but I spent the money and took the right safe steps to get it that way. Get your wallet back out and have fun.

Dave

·
609 Posts
REDMARLIN WITH SOUL said:
Check out Gadgetonline's website for some great info about the setup you are running. Clicjk on the "my 4Runner" link.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts