TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiousity, as far as trucks ar concerned . . . is the TRD e-locker one of the only lockers offered on an off-road package truck. Don;t know much about any other makes (Ford, Chevy, GMC, Jeep, Nissan, etc.) Always see the "OFF-Road" stickers on a lot of those trucks and was just wondering if any of those makes offer any kind of after market improvements that would actually improve the capability of the truck and are options when purchasing the truck. Basically . . . is the TRD off-road package one of the only ones that offer such an upgrade? (Bilstein's/coils/e-locker)

·
Registered
150 Posts
The new Ram Power wagon's come with front and rear E-Lockers by detriot
The new 05 dodge ram pickups the larime package 3/4 ton and 1 tons come with rear e-lockers by detriot, and warn winchs from factory.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
As of 05, Nissan offers rear locking diffs in their Frontiers & Xterras.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Jeep Rubicons have front-rear lockers. A friend of mine once said that S10 ZR2's have rear lockers, but I have a hard time believing that.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Portman said:
Just out of curiousity, as far as trucks ar concerned . . . is the TRD e-locker one of the only lockers offered on an off-road package truck. Don;t know much about any other makes (Ford, Chevy, GMC, Jeep, Nissan, etc.) Always see the "OFF-Road" stickers on a lot of those trucks and was just wondering if any of those makes offer any kind of after market improvements that would actually improve the capability of the truck and are options when purchasing the truck. Basically . . . is the TRD off-road package one of the only ones that offer such an upgrade? (Bilstein's/coils/e-locker)
Other manufactors have sort of caught on, and offer them.

Hummers have front and rear lockers to.. They don't help much though.. seeing as how the tierods snap like plastic. What I am saying is it the truck the locker is in, is a piece of junk, what good does the locker do?

Edit: Hummer H2, I was talking about. The H1's have torsion locking diffs, and are just plan bitchin. Although I will make the complaint that the steering wheel is really small compared to the truck it steers... HUGE truck, small steering wheel..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts