TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
373 Posts
Not bad for your truck but I read somewhere that it causes kidney stones. Hope your luck changes quickly Dude! Oh.....and Happy B'day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,726 Posts

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,217 Posts
If the impact was hard, then I'd say you would want to fully inspect the leaf springs and such. From the other pics, I only saw minor denting. My friend had a similar situation happen and her bed was crushed down halfway from the tree trunk. The suspension handled it fine. She still drives that truck today, in the same condition (didn't have insurance coverage).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
It usualy helps to cut up the tree before loading it in the bed..:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShowStop said:
If the impact was hard, then I'd say you would want to fully inspect the leaf springs and such. From the other pics, I only saw minor denting. My friend had a similar situation happen and her bed was crushed down halfway from the tree trunk. The suspension handled it fine. She still drives that truck today, in the same condition (didn't have insurance coverage).
The springs were not designed for the horizontal forces they were subjected to and are a little "off". Hopefully the repair shop doesn't want to try and fix them so I can get some new Deavers
:D
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,839 Posts
calamaridog said:
Just wondering what you all think? Is this bad for my suspension?

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL817/1961151/3789605/78528817.jpg
Hmm, should I send you my copy of a tree falling book so the next time you decide to drop one it won't land on your truck? ;)

dang, that sucks. Ins. should take care of it though. and yea, hopefully those rear springs are damaged and will be in need of replacements ;)
 

·
Wheeler Wannabe
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
calamaridog said:
Cutting the wood first is soooo time consuming.
Agreed...saving time is smart...at least you didn't do it, I know a guy who was loading firewood and was getting careless throwing the wood in the back and tossed a good sized piece right through the back window.

Hope everything works out for you so you can have a normal belated birthday celebration :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,222 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hytenor said:
Hmm, should I send you my copy of a tree falling book so the next time you decide to drop one it won't land on your truck? ;)

dang, that sucks. Ins. should take care of it though. and yea, hopefully those rear springs are damaged and will be in need of replacements ;)
USAA insurance is taking care of things and I should hear from the shop early next week on damage estimate. Good thing is my super low $50 deductable :)

The bitch at the apartment complex told me it was an "act of God" that the tree fell. I told her they have about 100 of these trees on their property and that every single storm causes one or more to fall. This time 3 trees fell on 3 cars. 2 of the trees fell onto a public street this time, damaging cars owned by their neighbors.

I have already filled a complaint with the city department of public works documenting the hazard.

If they won't pay my deductable, I'm thinking about taking them to small claims just to prove a point and waste their time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
you should sue them more than that...for like lost time and damage emotions.....because YOU have to go to the shop and call ur insurance company to fix YOUR car and wasting ur time to fix it...when you can be off-roading...going out...taking care of bussiness etc. and since you LOVE your tacoma your hurt that it's been damaged..or something like that....

they should be reliable for the trees...and everything on their property....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
04RedLobster said:
you should sue them more than that...for like lost time and damage emotions.....because YOU have to go to the shop and call ur insurance company to fix YOUR car and wasting ur time to fix it...when you can be off-roading...going out...taking care of bussiness etc. and since you LOVE your tacoma your hurt that it's been damaged..or something like that....

they should be reliable for the trees...and everything on their property....
uhh ya tool go ahead and add a bunch of fake shit to it, that way you will be like the rest of the country, fucked up trying to sue over stupid shit. I can see the 50 bucks not not all the shit your listing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,692 Posts
how is this fake? If that was me...i would be pissed off....because i would have to waste my time to get my truck fixed..and call the insurance and get a claim and everything...instead of just going about my life...i think he is reliable for more than 50 dollars...maybe he couldn't go to work because he's car was under a tree..... i don't know the case...or what not...but if he had to go to work..get stuff done and he's truck was under a tree and couldn't go to work...and lost his job or something...i think he is reliable for more than that 50 dollar deductable...but that's just one case...

i'm just saying...
sorry i just got mad how the apartment complex handle things..."Act of God"..
trying to use religon as a scapegoat...that's just F***ed up...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
04RedLobster
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top