TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's an '07, has about 1,600 miles on it and I noticed this recently, should I take it to the dealer to have it looked at or is this how everyone's is? It just seems like Toyota would finish the pruduct better than that and not have all those bare wires exposed to the outside.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
what am i looking @?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The chrome tip on the exhaust or the too small shutters on the house?

·
Registered
56 Posts
not sure but i think that looks like a dealer installed option plug. Might want to take it back to the dealer or wrap it with some electrical tape.... which is what they are going to do most likely. Don't think it came from toyota like that. just my :2cents:

·
Registered
9 Posts
if everything works right, you might want to buy a can of spray cleaner, for electronics
(just to remove moisture, if you want to be anal) then slide the plastic wire cover to the plug and black tape away.... the poster above was right that the dealer is just going to do what you could in less than 5 min.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The bracket got bent upwards, that is why the wires are exposed...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
monty said:
The bracket got bent upwards, that is why the wires are exposed...
your exactly right, that braket is supposed to be flat. dont know how it happended but that explains a lot, thanks.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
ok..it sits low and you snagged it on something during your first 1,600 miles. better that it bent a little than getting ripped off like a lot of people. Check out the thread in post #5. Most people will choose to relocate it. I drilled a 2 & 1/8" hole next to my license plate so it is up and out of the way. A lot of folks will remove one of the license plates lights and put the trailer plug up there. Easy fix....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts