TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so lately i've been having the problem with when I press the brakes the truck stalls (AT, just installed rb 2 inch). Does anyone here think its a bad ground between the fuel pump and the brake light circuit? This would cause the electrical load required by the brake lights to prevent the fuel pump from maintaining adequate pressure and cause a stall.


Where is the location of the ground for the taillights and the fuel pump?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
125 Posts
sjvicker said:
so lately i've been having the problem with when I press the brakes the truck stalls (AT, just installed rb 2 inch).
Might help with some more information here. Does it stall sitting still pressing the breaks or only when moving? If sitting still in what shifter location (p, n, d, 2, 1 ).

sjvicker said:
Does anyone here think its a bad ground between the fuel pump and the brake light circuit? This would cause the electrical load required by the brake lights to prevent the fuel pump from maintaining adequate pressure and cause a stall.
I personally would not think so. If it will stall sitting still pressing the break you may have some sort of a short. If it only stalls when the truck is rolling you may have a transmission issue or tourque converter issue.

sjvicker said:
Where is the location of the ground for the taillights and the fuel pump?
They should both have there own individual ground wires. They should be in a wire loom running down the left side of your truck most likely insode the frame rail. The fuel pump wire will split out of the loom behind the fuel tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sitting still it will stall, so we can't get it to move anywhere. If it's put into gear it will stall, but it wont stall in neutral.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,538 Posts
sjvicker said:
so lately i've been having the problem with when I press the brakes the truck stalls (AT, just installed rb 2 inch). Does anyone here think its a bad ground between the fuel pump and the brake light circuit? This would cause the electrical load required by the brake lights to prevent the fuel pump from maintaining adequate pressure and cause a stall.


Where is the location of the ground for the taillights and the fuel pump?
is this the first time trying to start since the B/L?? if so, check everything you touched for the B/L and connections from lifting the cab to engine bay, also the bed by the tank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we didn't lift the bed yet, and it backed out of the garage fine and then had the problem. And we've looked over the connections many times and can't find anything
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ShowStop said:
What is your idle speed in park/neutral? Did this happen all of the sudden? When was the last time you did a tune-up, changed fuel filter, cleaned throttle body, etc? Have you checked for possible vacuum leaks?

happend all of the sudden, no change in idle speed. Haven't checked for any vacuum leaks.

Also when I hit the brake pedal it causes the radio to restart like it's drawing power from the system when I press the brake.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,267 Posts
sjvicker said:
Also when I hit the brake pedal it causes the radio to restart like it's drawing power from the system when I press the brake.
You also mentioned you just did a body lift. You really need to go back and check for pinched or disconnected wires. It sounds like you might have damaged a wiring harness during the install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShowStop said:
You also mentioned you just did a body lift. You really need to go back and check for pinched or disconnected wires. It sounds like you might have damaged a wiring harness during the install.
checked and rechecked the wires, and I know you are correct that it does sound like a damaged wiring harness. I wonder if anyone has any ideas that could narrow it down to which one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
527 Posts
Go around and check every connector, and physicaly push them in to make sure they are in.. Also check the battery positive and ground connections, they may have been streatched.. I once spent days traking down a problem and all it ended up being was a connector wasn't fully snaped in.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top