TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to Oreilly's today to replace my snapped CV axle. During the transaction I decided to read the actual warranty and any limitations (just in case they tried to give me a hard time). I noticed that the last line of the warranty states that if the part is used on a commercial vehicle or used in off-road or racing applications, the warranty will be voided. The rep never asked me about the CV but I just wondered if anyone has had a problem with a CV warranty not being offered because they suspected that it was damaged off-road? Doesn't really make sense to me as the only place that you would use 4WD is off-road (unless you were in snow conditions).

·
Registered
249 Posts
What they don't know won't hurt them :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'd say don't worry unless their packed full of mud. Other wise they will have a hard time proving that they were broken offroad. After all thats how most stuff is broken around here. No crawling worries. Hope this helps.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Like Rebuilt said, it has more to do with how often you're bringing them in for replacement. If you're bringing them in every couple months or sooner, and always to the same location, they'll get wise to what's going on and stop honoring the warranty because they'll realize they're most likely breaking while you're offroading, or because of a major problem with your vehicle. If you break them a lot, plan on going to a few different locations (which, with their linked computer systems doesn't always help you "stay under the radar"), or understand that at some point they're likely gonna tell you they can't honor the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts