TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I need to talk to the IT guys in the house.

I usually access the forums from my work computer a few times a day. Our work computers are managed by the Dept. of Aviation and City of Atlanta.

Well, as of 11:00 am today, I can no longer get to Jeepforum. I can still access TTORA, Pirate, and a few others that I try to follow. Jeepforum is blocked but Pirate isn't? WTF!?
The City of Atlanta uses "Websense". I imagine TTORA will be blocked before too long at the rate they're going now.

Any ideas? Am I going to have to check the boards from home from now on?

·
Registered
911 Posts
The server here at my work occaisionaly blocks the forums for some reason. I just go through and delete all the cookies and clear the history and it goes back to working for me. However i doubt that is what your problem is but it might be worth a shot.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Kyle.
I Adam Steele hearby release Kyle Roach from all liability and forfeit the right to be mad at you if I lose my job. I swear on my left nut (my favorite one) that I will harbor no ill will toward you if I am repromanded for trying to circumvent the system and/or "stick it to the MAN". ;)
I will probably just deal with it and check those forums from home.

Beginning of RANT-
I just can't stand having a babysitter telling me "No little boy, you aren't responsible enough to have regular internet privilages." I'm a freakin' grown, married, well-adjusted, 24 year old man. I don't understand why someone feels the need to tell me what I can and can't do with my time. I'm a department manager for a consultant firm...... I don't even work for the GD city.
It's not like I'm sitting here all day on the boards or looking at pictures of naked midgets.
-End of RANT!

Yeah, I guess you're right Alan. The people in IT that are blocking those sites must just hate Jeeps. :rolleyes:

EDIT -
ATLRoach said:
Adam.. I want to make this very clear. I HAVE/HAD NO PART IN DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR YOU LOSING YOUR JOB.

Here is how to get around it:
http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/simple-circumventor-instructions.html
Haha, this site is blocked. Reason- "Proxy Avoidance" got caught by the filter. WTF

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ya'll are killing me.....

Hey Adam I have been meaning to call you man just get caught up sometimes, I will holler at ya in the next day or so when I am not 90 miles an hour all over the place.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rick, I know how you feel man...and right here around Christmas it only gets that much worse.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts