TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of tired of beeing limited to my 3" of lift with the IFS and specially tired of limited front suspension travel. I've been thinking about SAS for a while now, but the problem is with all the parts that I have to gather in so many different places kind of discurages me. I was thinking that it would be nice if any vendor would come up with an SAS package that is ready for our Tacos. Well at least partial package. :saw:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bentup has a SAS kit with hangers and a few other things, CronusTRD (MDTTORA Pres.) has it and he said its worth the money. If I ever make up my mind on SAS or not I will probably get the Bentup kit, unless someone else comes out with a bigger kit.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
SFToyota said:
I am kind of tired of beeing limited to my 3" of lift with the IFS and specially tired of limited front suspension travel. I've been thinking about SAS for a while now, but the problem is with all the parts that I have to gather in so many different places kind of discurages me. I was thinking that it would be nice if any vendor would come up with an SAS package that is ready for our Tacos. Well at least partial package. :saw:

Hi Edgar. You're going to pay a lot of extra money if you have someone else round up all the parts for you. Best bet is to go get all the parts, toss them in the back of your truck, and drop it off with AJ at bentup.

Later,
....Mike

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
SFToyota said:
Drop off your truck at AJ's. Hand him a big wad of $$$$. Return in a month.

problem solved :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
And if you need some help getting a BIG wad of cash...Ask hytenor... He rich from all that singing :rolleyes: isnt that right chris;)

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
It's about time you got around to it. I figured you would eventully break down after that second busted CV axle last year. It took you longer than I thought it would.

Just look at all the parts gathering stuff as half the fun and a good way to gain knowledge. After all you'll know evey last part that went in there this way. It helps build character too. LOL You can get some of it in big hunks depending on what kind of SAS you have in mind. You can get the knuckles, steering arms and all that stuff from Parts Mike. If you do leaf springs, AJ has that crossmember kit.

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
Marlin makes an SAS kit for older Toyotas. Maybe if we all suggested to him to make a Tacoma SAS kit, they might think about it. I just don't think there is enough interest right now for any company to make an actual kit for our trucks. AJ at bentup is probably your best bet if you want to have everything done for you :cool:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Front Range Off Road makes a great kit as well, plus you always have to option of buying an axle from him for your swap as well.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Timbuddha said:
Front Range Off Road makes a great kit as well, plus you always have to option of buying an axle from him for your swap as well.
I definitely agree with you on that! :D

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
StemsCornfedTaco said:
And if you need some help getting a BIG wad of cash...Ask hytenor... He rich from all that singing :rolleyes: isnt that right chris;)
Chris has a suga momma to take care of his expensive habits. Makes me jealous.

·
Registered
670 Posts
ooooo didnt know about his suga momma, im jealous now too!

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
SFToyota said:

...it's actually not that bad to collect your own sas stuff....it just takes lots of money if you want to do it right.

BentUp supplies all the fabrication stuff,and will do the install for you...the junkyard has lots of axles and knuckles.......PartsMike is awesome to do business with,and supplies a lot of your steering components and will even get axle shafts and u-joints for you.........PORC is a great place to order stuff such as chromoly axle shafts,gears,steering stabalizers etc etc........Marlin Crawler doesnt have a full kit for our Tacomas but he does have a lot of qaulity stuff.

I do agree with you it would be nice if someplace supplied a sas kit with everything included.....tie rods,tie rod ends,drag link/ends calipers,rotors,brake lines,springs,axle clean ready to put under truck..............hell a four or three link package with coilovers and all the links and heim joints,mounts,d.o.m. tubing would be awesome too.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm not aware of any 'kits' for tacomas (like marlin or all-pro that include springs, shocks, etc). However, there are a couple shops that do provide the 'harder to obtain' parts like spring hangers, shackle hangers, & shackles for tacomas. My vote goes for Front Range Off-Road Fab (http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com). You can get the swap kit that has the spring hanger, shackle hanger and shackles. They also have steering box and frame plates, shock hoops, SS brake lines, xmembers, beefy tcase skid plates, and ubolt flip kits. Then all you need is to provide is the axle of choice. Heck, Front Range can even build you one hell of a axle to your specifications (or provide you with the basis and you fill in the rest).

later!
shane

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
StemsCornfedTaco said:
LOL, don't I wish. :p Part time with SF opera and side gigs and I'm lucky to gross $40k.
Nah, momma makes all the big bucks ;)

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
SFToyota said:
What would you pay for a no guess work kit? Coil overs or leafs? All the parts would be lazer cut bent and ready for install, instructions would be complete with templets for where to cut and where to drill? Shocks and springs would be built for the truck not some junk yard specials? Could even have a axle supplier that would set up the axle for the swap? Possible options, steering stablizer, steering box built for this truck, brakes that work?

When it is done it would be a complete truck with corect geomtry and correct steering? No death wobble no problems?

What price would you pay for piece of mind? Not saying I'm going to but I'm just curious what you or anyone else would pay?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
What would you pay for a no guess work kit? Coil overs or leafs? All the parts would be lazer cut bent and ready for install, instructions would be complete with templets for where to cut and where to drill? Shocks and springs would be built for the truck not some junk yard specials? Could even have a axle supplier that would set up the axle for the swap? Possible options, steering stablizer, steering box built for this truck, brakes that work?

When it is done it would be a complete truck with corect geomtry and correct steering? No death wobble no problems?

What price would you pay for piece of mind? Not saying I'm going to but I'm just curious what you or anyone else would pay?
5 dollars?

Heres the problem we all know that these companies are capable of supplying full on kits, problem is they know if they do this they have to charge alot more than just what you see when you buy peices of the kit. So when the price tag starts hitting the 5k mark people balk at it. Yet they spend over 5k when they are done.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Dick Foster said:
A birrion dollars but it would have to give head too.
hmm in your case it would have to be two birrion dollars jsut because you want head...

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
cb77DEMELLO said:
What would you pay for a no guess work kit?
Hi Jason. I think a complete kit would end up being very espensive. You could probably sell a few things like spring hangers, steering box reinforcements, shock hoops, shackle hangers, etc.

The people who are made of money and don't care how much things cost would probably just drop their truck off at a shop instead of buying a kit.

Later,
....Mike

1 - 20 of 46 Posts