TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's about time.. FINALLY a Toyota Owner!

After many years of drooling, recommending Toyotas to all of my friends, and then buying other vehicles, I FINALLY HAVE A TOYOTA!

I was able to sell my 01 Cherokee for a profit a few weeks ago and found a 99 4Runner SR5 4x4 in good shape with low miles for a really good price.

I plan to keep it fairly mild as my reason for selling the Jeep is that it was just not useful anymore with the 4" lift and big ol tires. I need something that's a little more road-friendly so I think I'll probably end up doing a 1-2" lift and some 32"s. It sits completely stock right now.. and here's a few pics:

On the way home with it:

Washed up a bit:

First order of business was to remove the nappy Toyota stick on wood trim:

Much better!:

I'm digging this ride.. I should have gotten one a long time ago! I'll continue to post pics here as I do stuff to my rig.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I've got the stuff to install a Tacoma whip antenna, install a new head unit, do a little bit of touch up painting, replace a cracked headlamp, and replace a cracked tail lamp. I'm having too much fun with it!

I also plan to remove the brush guard and running boards one of these days. I've already got the splash guards that go below the flares.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice. :cool:

I never knew you could remove that wood stick-on crap that easily.
Well.. It wasn't exactly easy, just took some elbow grease. I peeled the plastic layer off, then the wood layer off, then the double sided tape. Last step was to soak the residue in Goo Gone. Totally worth the effort!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hurry up and ditch that damage multiplier up front... :D

Nice find though, and good luck with your build. Any questions about 3rd gens feel free to shoot me a pm!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I tried to take it of yesterday but I needed an extra set of hands and some bigger wrenches!! The running boards are gone now, so hopefully that buys me some cool points!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's my latest progress:

Buffed and polished with Plasti-Dipped fender flares. Also installed the Tacoma whip antenna because my power one was MIA! KMAYO was a HUGE help Saturday, he also helped me install a new JVC radio. Thanks buddy!!

I also just ordered a set of 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer A/T3s!!!

Can't wait to get them put on and get rid of those Kumhos!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice work, love the black. Now we need to get it on some trails and put a few pin stripes on it. :eek:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New shoes!!

I love these tires.. they look great, are quiet, and ride 50x better than the old Kumhos did. It's sitting a bit squatty in the back because it was full of junk when I took pics this afternoon. I'll get some better ones before too long.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a pic of it unloaded.. it doesn't look squashed down like in the others. The tires are also dusty so you can tell a little more about them. I also installed a Thule rack last night.. I'm really liking how it is coming together.

I have GOT to get rid of the gold emblems!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts