TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new kicks, as my KM2's have seen the end of their days. I have been extremely happy with my KM2's (LT315/75/R16) and have lasted me 36k ish miles (with some alignment issues along the way). My truck is a daily driver, as well as off road use.

I'm leaning towards buying another exact pair of the tires I have now, but figured I would explore my options while I have the opportunity. The only other tire I was looking at seriously was the Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar. That being said I have obviously done my research with them, but mainly want to hear from some fellow members what their experience with them had been. And if possible some opinions from members that have owned BOTH tires :). The use from me they will be receiving is DD, camping, Casual trails, all the way to the rubicon.

Personal experiences with the same type of use?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm been running 32x11.50s MT/R with Kevlars on my truck and have been for 55,000 miles. I just double checked my Discount Tire receipt to be sure of the mileage. I just rotated them for the last time as they are getting a bit low on tread. I'm getting married this year so I'm going to push this set to the wear indicators since money is especially tight. That said, I see myself getting over 60,000 miles from this set.

Most of my driving is on the highway, but I've taken my junk down Padre Island a couple times, all over west Texas, wheeled through Big Bend (last weekend, actually) and everywhere in between. My truck is supercharged and I sometimes drive like I"m still in high school. I've never had a flat, puncture, or sidewall issue. These are great tires. When I buy new tires, I'll be buying 32x11.50 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlars again.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
I had the KM2's. I thought they were great till I wheeled with them in some wet conditions. I was not impressed at all. Even in the rain on the streets I was disappointed.

I went back to the Cooper STT's. They're a little loud when they get worn down, but they're a great tire. For a street driven truck, I'm very happy with how they perform.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have noticed that with my km2's as well. But being in California it rains like twice a year haha. I'll look into the cooper's. I haven't heard much about them to be honest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts