1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Runner Named Stumpy ....

soooo ....after three evenings of jacking with this shit :

new fuel pump .....a/m

new fuel pump bracket from toyota ....(had to :saw::welder:as they discountinued the shorter one that fits my application) :rolleyes:

fuel filter .....

chemicals to clean the tank .....

IT LIVES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT RUNS !!!!!!! OH SHIT >>>>NO BRAKES ?!?!?!?!?!?!

a pic of the rr drum...

new rear drums,shoes, and hardware going on first thin in the a.m. and a GOOD fluid flush afterwards :D

oh and a pic !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
you better mall wheel it to see what the tranny is going to do after sitting, what gears are you running? 38's on a stock tranny are going to be rough, add an extra oil cooler right away

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
you better mall wheel it to see what the tranny is going to do after sitting, what gears are you running? 38's on a stock tranny are going to be rough, add an extra oil cooler right away

ray,

running 4.88 gears w/ 35x12.50x15 bfg m/t's ......i have put aprox. 85 miles on her since last wednesday. it runs 50-60 mph with ease.

this is the only thing that is an issue at this time ....

when decelerating at higher speeds......... there is a LOUD grinding type noise from what sounds like the transfere case area( right under the front seats) untill it gets to 15-20 mph ...and then it stops.
ANY IDEAS !?!?!?!?!?!

doing full fluid exchange on drivetrain this week ....fingers xxxxxx'ed :dunno:

·
Registered
871 Posts
trans mount had same problem

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I would look at DS first, then t-case rear yoke and hope it's not a tail shaft bearing or chain that all stretched out. 4.88 and 35 on that tranny is pushing it, if it was any of the other A340's I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would look at DS first, then t-case rear yoke and hope it's not a tail shaft bearing or chain that all stretched out. 4.88 and 35 on that tranny is pushing it, if it was any of the other A340's I wouldn't worry about it.
drive shaft/u-joints look and feel good ...will check the t-case rear yoke when i get more time this evening. it doesn't really sound like a bearing or chain .......more like a metal on metal sound ...poss trans mount ( i hope ! )

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the long and the short of it ...............

pulled the rear drive shaft off yesterday ....drove around in front wheel power .....noise from rear is gone. checked the rear yoke @ diff ....feels....well lets say loose ....bad install of the 4.88's or an idiot behind the wheel ...the guy had 37x14.50x15's on thing when shano bought it with a blown engine....go figure right :rolleyes:

as far as gears go ....found the 5.29 g2's for 149.95 @ daves off-road.
....got a tech @ my shop that knows how to set them up .... no idea of what he will want to do this.

did my research pertaining to "what the fuck" is going on..... as far as the "lift/suspension" :

"SKYJACKER 5 in. SUSPENSION LIFT KIT -- Consists of front leaf spring, front and rear U-bolts, front spring bushing, rear lift blocks, and track bar bracket"

there is a 1.5" spacer at the rear axle where the drive shaft bolts to ....never seen this ....

add some crap-ass shocks on all four corners and a 3" body lift ...and there you have it ......

all imput is welcome ......thanks in advance

i am on a major budget at this point BTW :lmao:

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
pulled the rear drive shaft off yesterday ....drove around in front wheel power .....noise from rear is gone. checked the rear yoke @ diff ....feels....well lets say loose ....bad install of the 4.88's or an idiot behind the wheel ...the guy had 37x14.50x15's on thing when shano bought it with a blown engine....go figure right :rolleyes:

as far as gears go ....found the 5.29 g2's for 149.95 @ daves off-road.
....got a tech @ my shop that knows how to set them up .... no idea of what he will want to do this.

did my research pertaining to "what the fuck" is going on..... as far as the "lift/suspension" :

"SKYJACKER 5 in. SUSPENSION LIFT KIT -- Consists of front leaf spring, front and rear U-bolts, front spring bushing, rear lift blocks, and track bar bracket"

there is a 1.5" spacer at the rear axle where the drive shaft bolts to ....never seen this ....

add some crap-ass shocks on all four corners and a 3" body lift ...and there you have it ......

all imput is welcome ......thanks in advance

i am on a major budget at this point BTW :lmao:
:eek: that is quite a suspension mess you have, with those springs you should have a stiff ride.The rear diff setup probably wasn't bad, but a crush sleeve, 37's & 4.88 would not last long. The spacer in the drive shaft was used on the skyjacker 7" lift kits.

might could hook you up on a new set of TG 5" front springs, anything to trade?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:eek: that is quite a suspension mess you have, with those springs you should have a stiff ride.The rear diff setup probably wasn't bad, but a crush sleeve, 37's & 4.88 would not last long. The spacer in the drive shaft was used on the skyjacker 7" lift kits.

might could hook you up on a new set of TG 5" front springs, anything to trade?
yup yup....

measured the rear blocks ...this is the 7" kit....it rides worse than any jeep i have ever been in :lmao:

drained the rear diff friday ...fluid was clean to my surprise no metal to speak of !

as far as trade's go i have the orig. 4.30's that came out of it ....great condition ....

brand new womens seven-zero-seven helmet.......small http://www.bikersfinder.com/index.php?case=product&proddb=17&pid=11368

multiple snowboards

anything of interest ?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
with pix

ordered new third from w/ 5.29's fir the rear...shipped today !

installed new BRIGHT headlights and hella 500ff lights last night .....PIX

ordering the hy-steer next week ......god this is gonna take for ever :lmao:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
rear third w/ 5.29s came in today .................:Dfixin to be a "pre-runner" for a few months :rolleyes:took her out behind the neighborhood to see how much flex i don't have haha !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pre-runner

ok rear third w/ 5.29's is in .....i am now a pre-runner lol ! however ...stumpy will run with the flow of traffic down the freeway :D

can i get a mod to move this to tech ....this will be my build thread :cool:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts