TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in FL. and for the last two years I have been thinking about moving to colorado if I do move to CO. where is a good place to live and that is close to a city but at the same time I can get out to some trails within a few hours? I work for a BMW dealership and would be looking to get a job at another BMW dealership out there which is why I would want to live close to a city maybe denver? how close is the colorado springs from denver? I'm over the weather in FL. and driving out of state to ride some trails :(

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Boulder if you can deal with Trustafarians. I hated living there myself but I'm not much into the silver spoon crowd.

But Boulder would be a busy BMW dealership. 1 hour from some decent trails, 2 hours from some gnarly trails.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's are these or do u even want to know lol (Trustafarians)

my rig us still ifs but it's setup pretty good for a ifs rig so a good selection would be nice to have! Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Depending on how close you wanted to be to Denver anywhere along the Front Range (I-25 coridor) might work for you. Fort Collins is only about an hour north of Denver, there's a BMW dealership up this way (actually it's in Loveland which is a little closer to Denver). There's a few trails about an hour away from here, more easy to moderate trails though. Colorado Springs is about an hour south of Denver.

The advice to anyone thinking of moving here though has been make sure you have a job lined up BEFORE you pull up stakes and move out here. Job market isn't horrible, but there's still alot of people out of work here too. There's been a couple of other threads in General Discussions to this effect in the last couple of months if you want some more research material. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
What's are these or do u even want to know lol (Trustafarians)
trust fund babies ;)

I don't have much to add, except I would recommend Colorado to anyone looking to move. I want to move out of state for a change but CO is hard to beat. I've lived in Denver my whole life so I can't comment on the differences between cities. There's going to be wheeling near fort collins, boulder, denver or colorado springs.

Good luck

Oh yea, what's wrong with FL? That was one of the places I had considered moving

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FL=hot humid,mud,no fun wheelin,nothing to do but beach activites and about 85% of the beaches will not let you drive on them anymore, bars, drinking Bon fires and the hunting sucks here! If you like fishing your set!
Scuba diving! That's about all I can think of at this point, I want more out side activites I love mountin biking, snowboarding, I've never lived anywhere else but FL. I'm 24 no kids I'm not married so I figured why not do it now!

Don't get me wrong I like FL a lot but I think it's time for change!

·
7,735 Posts
That would be an ultra-crappy commute from Fort Collins/Loveland area down to COS if the GF is going to be stationed there. I'd shoot for something in the burbs of Denver, Golden or south from there. Thinking CastleRock or the likes.

·
7,735 Posts
uh, yeah.. about that.. nevermind... I was thinking about another thread where somebody was planning on moving out with their GF who was being stationed in COS.

·
Registered
438 Posts
uh, yeah.. about that.. nevermind... I was thinking about another thread where somebody was planning on moving out with their GF who was being stationed in COS.
:rofl: ...<insert old/senile/bad eyesight joke here>... :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lol it's all good, me and a co-worker and his room mate like snowboarding and wheeling so they have me thinking about it a lot now. When I go out there this year to go snowboarding I'll talk to a few dealerships about jobs an look at places to stay unless somehow I sell my car and then Ill be shooting for the end of this year! :)

but who knows I'm just along for the ride in my crazy life! lol

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Service I'm almost a master tech! One more year and then master tech statis three more training credits and I'll be level1 I've been there four years come october 2nd. I've been into BMW,Vw,audi all my life until about a year ago my good friend mark also my co-worker took me out wheeling in his taco from there out I was hooked I bought a built taco from bob at builttobeat in AZ.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh cool! You need to talkt o Russ (VWFast60) on here. He might have some good recomendations.

I used to have a Z3. Fun car. Too bad I lent it to, too many CoTTORA guys. :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
He is an active member. PM him. His name is Russ. Very cool guy. Tell him I told ya to contact him. He isn't on here all the time so a PM to him would be ideal. (vwfastg60)

I had a 2001 Z3 3.0i It was fun as hell. But alas those things are wicked expensive. I had an extended warranty that when my leather dash started to warp - I found out it would not vcover it. BMW quoted me a new dash and repairs at over 5K. Screw that ;)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Honestly, Thornton/Brighton/Longmont area would likely be of interest for you. Far enough away from everything to where it doesn't feel like you're surround by city. But not so far away that it takes forever to get anywhere.

From my door (here in Brighton) I can be in:
Downtown Denver - 20-25minutes
Boulder - 30 minutes
Ft. Collins - 50 minutes
Golden/foothills - 30 minutes
Idaho Springs - 45 minutes
Keystone (best resort for boarding IMO) - 1hr 20 minutes

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BMW= BROKE MY WALLET! how do you like your runner? and what made you get into wheeling?

He is an active member. PM him. His name is Russ. Very cool guy. Tell him I told ya to contact him. He isn't on here all the time so a PM to him would be ideal. (vwfastg60)

I had a 2001 Z3 3.0i It was fun as hell. But alas those things are wicked expensive. I had an extended warranty that when my leather dash started to warp - I found out it would not vcover it. BMW quoted me a new dash and repairs at over 5K. Screw that ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts