TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the result of a combination of jackassery and my 300 lb friend has got me thinking. the rear window on my '86 has been broken, you know the 4 piece one with the sliding panes of glass. now im thinking ill either just replace the whole assembly or, remove whats left of the glass and buy a one piece chunk of plexi and install it somehow into the original frame, and once that is done figure out a way to affix some sort of latch system so that i can completely remove the rear window in a matter of seconds. just brain storming right now seeing as how the weather is nice ill have a few days to drive around window less, before i can make it to the scrap yard to find a new window frame and glass on Saturday. any ideas are welcome, i cant figured out how the latch system would work so any help there would be appreciated. also ild like to run 7mile some time with some north Colorado folks thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I would do both....haha. I just love the open air. It's great going down I-70 in the winter time with my arm hanging out the window....well the looks I get from people are great, anyway.

·
Registered
724 Posts
hey man i've got an extra rear window here at my place. it's the 4pc slit slider. let me know if you want to look at it. i can even help you install it if you want

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i can always go to the junk yard to get a window no issue there but thanks for the offer, and yes i will be taking the doors off, as soon as i get enough money im gonna get tube doors but before i do that i need to put a working passenger seat belt in, the one i have is just to deter cops lol, but i really want to figure out a way to make the rear window removable. on another note, will a forerunner body sit on the chassis of a extra cab regular bed just for future reference...

·
Registered
849 Posts
Let me guess, trying to climb in though the back window. People thought it was funny too to chuck all the garbage in the bed at the people in the cab when we were younger too. :D

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that pretty much sums it up ha ha but then i slammed on the brakes and well one word "momentum"... oh well gives me a chance to try something new... still no ideas people???

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i ended up removingthe sliding glass and just puting a peice of plexi in to fill the hole for right now ill figure out the quick release later, ah and my god it was easy to pop out that rear windo about 2 seconds and a screwdriver and i could break in to any toyota truck, without breaking anything lol, and the tool boxes that were on the bedsides of my truck are gone now, htye pissed me of so i removed them with a vengance, no i gotta fiure out a new way to mount my spare tire...oh well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts